are cover colors truely random?

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I keep pulling the same covers from which i already have 5, so despite the championing feature i still have to sell them:
Small example http://i.imgur.com/Apta1ni.jpg

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    It's the curse of RNG.

They claim that the final reward tier of events for already established 3 star covers is randomly assigned to the high, mid, and low tier reward slots (t25, t50, t100, etc., however it shakes down).
    However, it sure feels like the "best" covers are often the highest reward.

For example, in the past year+, I have NEVER seen Luke Cage Red given as the lowest tier reward (he's rarely given out to begin with), and only once have I seen Hood Blue.
    But Black or Yellow? Feels like it's the lowest tier reward for both of these guys every time.

They should just cycle the placement order of the three covers when a particular character is featured.
    This way eventually everyone has a shot at all 3 covers eventually, isn't mostly resorting to luck trying to get specific covers, and your problem won't happen as often.
    For final event rewards at least. Token RNG can't be helped...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to say - I've always been suspicious of this one. I know they claim random...but they also specifically said that Dino-purple was a higher percentage in birthday tokens during the initial dino introduction. Once they admitted that...without it showing in token % anywhere....how could you actually confirm any other cover color -isn't- adjusted?

The only way you'd know for certain true cover distribution (both in color and in percentage) would be to get a peek-see at the D3 servers.