joining after Feb. 9 means no fat pack

Options
loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
Surely this is a bug, right? Anyone who starts gathering daily rewards on or before Feb. 9 CAN get a fat pack, but anyone who starts playing on Feb. 10 or later cannot. This makes no sense - why would you punish ~2/3rds of the players who start in a given month? Also, why in the world would monthly rewards be based on a calendar month in the first place? (Isn't this what led to the intense frustration back in Dec. and Jan.?)

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The frustration in December and January centered around the fact that the game wasn't generally available before December 9th. Then the rewards reset on December 31st so some were shut out of the fat pack in the first month. If you join now, the game has been available for a while, so I see no reason why you should get the same login rewards as someone who's been playing all month.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    It's definitely not a bug, but it is an "interesting" design choice. I don't know why you'd link rewards to a specific month in that way, such that you only get the best reward if you start earlier in the month. It's gotta be frustrating for people who join the game at this point in the month.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is an odd choice. I prefer the MarvelPQ model that keeps track of the total number of days played. But they have to maintain a really long reward schedule and any changes to earlier rewards cause an uproar from everyone who's already past those.