Boosted not as powerful?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This might be something that's known. I seem to recall seeing something about boosted characters not being as boosted as they used to be.

I thought Kamala last week didn't feel as powerful as before, doing about 4k damage when championed and boosted for the week. Now I'm seeing Dr Doom at level 260+ and his diabolical plot does about 1300 per tile. I'm pretty damn sure the last time he was boosted that move did about 1700 per tile.

I vaguely remember reading abilities were balanced out differently with levels...can anyone explain this thing? Or is it a bug that's due for patching sooner or later?

Seems a little backwards to say "You can have 100 new levels! To celebrate, we've weakened your characters so you need to reach that 100th new level to get them back where they were before!"

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might be something that's known. I seem to recall seeing something about boosted characters not being as boosted as they used to be.

I thought Kamala last week didn't feel as powerful as before, doing about 4k damage when championed and boosted for the week. Now I'm seeing Dr Doom at level 260+ and his diabolical plot does about 1300 per tile. I'm pretty damn sure the last time he was boosted that move did about 1700 per tile.

I vaguely remember reading abilities were balanced out differently with levels...can anyone explain this thing? Or is it a bug that's due for patching sooner or later?

Seems a little backwards to say "You can have 100 new levels! To celebrate, we've weakened your characters so you need to reach that 100th new level to get them back where they were before!"

So far, the powers that be have refused to explain, or even acknowledge this change even while being asked every day for a month.