Deadpool restriction in PVP?

Kirinknight
Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Am noticing that I can only use XFDP in one node of the matchmaking PVP and then only regular DP in the other two. The other version is locked respectively but oddly has a countdown next to it. kind of a strange game mechanic but intentional?

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    And yet, when I see other people in their nodes, they are using 4Pool.

So when they are using 4Pool, he's locked for us. If they are using 3Pool, 3Pool is locked for us.

Unless you used 4Pool in your last attack, then he's not locked?

Seriously, what's up with this?
  • Buret0
    1g3vx4.png
  • Kirinknight
    Thanks for confirming my impression! But am seeing 3* DP available against other 3* DP teams so that seems to not be the logic. Just not sure what the logic is. Basically I can only fight teams in one node if I want to use XFDP
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I haven't jumped in yet, but this sounds like the ancient, long-lost PvP event where each of the three nodes required a different version of Wolverine. You were still facing the same pool of opponents, but you had to select a node based on which Wolvie you wanted to use. It might ramp up your skip tax if you can only use a single node, but otherwise nothing else should be different from a regular PvP.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems as though the top pin uses 4Pool as the required character, the two sides/bottom pins use 3Pool. If you want to exclusively use 4Pool, then you only have a single pin to cycle through, which should save some skip ISO for you.
  • Buret0
    But your counters seem to be random. I'm only going to counter with the top node, because I'm locked out of 4Pool on retaliations in the other two. I'm not facing a boosted 4Pool with 3Pool.
  • Kirinknight
    Can live with it but means I won't be retaliating anyone who shows up on my bottom two nodes because won't be exposing my underleveled 3* DP on defense
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we talk about the other issue? Facing a lvl 630 Phoenix that deals 35k with her red?
  • Buret0 wrote:
    But your counters seem to be random. I'm only going to counter with the top node, because I'm locked out of 4Pool on retaliations in the other two. I'm not facing a boosted 4Pool with 3Pool.

Hmmmm. yeah that mechanic wasn't thought out for retaliation nodes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    I haven't jumped in yet, but this sounds like the ancient, long-lost PvP event where each of the three nodes required a different version of Wolverine. You were still facing the same pool of opponents, but you had to select a node based on which Wolvie you wanted to use. It might ramp up your skip tax if you can only use a single node, but otherwise nothing else should be different from a regular PvP.
    This was fairly common in the first 6 months or so. We had Widowmaker where you had one node for each version of Black Widow, and I think the first version of Divine Champions had like 6 nodes for Storm (modern and classic), Thor, Ares, Loki and Ragnarok. There was also Top Shot that had two nodes, one for Hawkeye and one for Bullseye...
    Kinda strange to see it make a comeback. On the other hand, it only forces you to sacrifice two retaliations and face the rest in the top node...