Do They Really Need to Buff 5*'s

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
I just notice in valentine's pvp that Phoenix is buffed. do 5 stars really need a boost in anything? they already do close to double color match damage with just 1 cover over fully covered and regular leveled 4*.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Phoenix has 4 covers but is still level 255. Wonder how scary her match damage will be when buffed. And how stupidly strong are the mega-whales' Phoenixes going to be? Is a boosted, champed Phoenix going to be level 700?
  • Is this going to be a normal thing going forward? Or just a one off? Either way, boosting 5*s is ridiculous.
  • mmrosek wrote:
    Is this going to be a normal thing going forward? Or just a one off? Either way, boosting 5*s is ridiculous.

Hopefully, it's just a "We put way too much thought about Phoenix's compatibility with Wolverine and Cyclops into her design that it'd be kinda silly to NOT consider her part of the love-interest PVP."

Cause Scott isn't hitting on Teen Jean.

That'd be kinda creepy.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I have five Phoenix covers, but haven't bothered leveling her (MMR/scaling and all). I am debating if she is the most "scarecrow" character I have for this event.

I see -tons- of one-cover Phoenix out there. Yeah I'm hitting them...but 17K health?!?

The 5*'s should have always (and should be fixed to) scale their damage/health greatly with more covers, rather than having huge numbers with one cover. Boosting 5* is ridiculous and should never be done (there was a 4* Jean that was forgotten about for some reason).
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    (there was a 4* Jean that was forgotten about for some reason).

To be fair, that one ain't involved in no romantic shenanigans (Which was the point of this PVP) while Phoenix!Jean and Classic!Scott and 2Star!Wolvie had pleeeeenty.

While Teen Jean goes to the future, sees how badly Cyclops (among others) screwed up everything, and looked to hers and was like "Yeah I ain't touchin' you anytime soon"
  • SnowcaTT
    colwag wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    (there was a 4* Jean that was forgotten about for some reason).

To be fair, that one ain't involved in no romantic shenanigans (Which was the point of this PVP) while Phoenix!Jean and Classic!Scott and 2Star!Wolvie had pleeeeenty.

While Teen Jean goes to the future, sees how badly Cyclops (among others) screwed up everything, and looked to hers and was like "Yeah I ain't touchin' you anytime soon"

I learn so much more about the marvel U from game-goers! I totally forgot that it is "Young Jean" now, haven't read any of the new stuff.

Sort of like when I opened the game and asked team-mates...."Who is Scarlett Witch and Vision in love with?" (Each other, apparently)
  • I do kinda wonder/worry about how this'll happen for other big PVPs, though.

Like, for "Children of the Atom", are OML and Phoenix going to be buffed? Will Phoenix be buffed in "Women of Marvel"? Will Back-In-Black and OML be buffed in the Avengers PVP? Will Class of 2016 be terrifying for aaaaall the 5*?

I do prefer them to be exceptions to the buffs overall too, although I can see why she's buffed here.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a zero reason ... ZERO reason... To ever buff the most powerful characters in the game.

Just for a laugh I decided to take on a buffed Phoenix earlier, 1.2k match match damage. My championed. 3* Steve was dead in 8 matches, not 8 skills. 8 matches. Ordinary regular matches.

The point of buffs is to level the playing field, so why buff ANY 5*? I don't give a **** if the 5* whale crowd feels left out by not having a buff, they are top of the food chain. They don't need a buff. They already terminate everything in sight except other 5*.

DONT BUFF 5* until there is a 6* tier (which I totally expect- Dr strange will be the first 6* )
  • DEV'S Buffing 5* is totally RIDICOULOUS and your are helping those that need it the less, by the way, this matchmaking pvp is unplayable for anyone without 5*. For the last 24 hours, I have the same 10 un beatable guys in my nods !! I am stuck at 888pts and can't find a thing beatable, NADA. **** !!
    Great start for a new season.
    Thanks a lot. icon_evil.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I was pretty unscared of anything I saw in this event. My 30K health 4pool seemed unstoppable.

Then I fought a phoenix with 95K health with a 45K OML. I died before I killed their 3Pool.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    overpoweredjean_zpsd7u1sgqo.png

Jean...

The power...the pain...
    It only took 2 matches before I was down... again...

How'dya get so strong Red?

You burned me alive and left me for dead...

But you know I'll keep coming back for'ya...

Because....I.....ne'er mind....

'nuff said

Just a friendly reminder that the Valentine's Day contest is open for another 28 hours. A lot of awesome entries, so please check them out and vote if you like: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39459
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a team of champed 3's out and was attacked by someone with the loaner deadpool, a level 65 2* wolv (buffed to 113) and a level 268 single purple covered Jean level 268 (buffed to 357). They beat my 3 star champed team and I retaliated with a different 3 star champed team even though it wasn't for many points. I did this out of curiosity and barely got through.

Mad that the terrible new roster this player had put them in a vet bracket and mad that it caused so many issues.
  • killerkoala
    bumping this up cause 5* phoenix is buffed again for "Women of Power" PvP. I won't let this go like "TRUE Healing". lol
  • SnowcaTT
    The big outrage should be Phoenix is still the -only- woman in 5* land! icon_e_wink.gif

Along with the OP big outrage, 5*'s should never be boosted.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The big outrage should be Phoenix is still the -only- woman in 5* land! icon_e_wink.gif

Phoenix isn't a woman - it's a Celestial Force, a Destroyer of Worlds. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Phoenix isn't a woman - it's a Celestial Force, a Destroyer of Worlds. icon_e_wink.gif
    man, they can't even get a woman into an entire tier? can't do anything right lol.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

man, they can't even get a woman into an entire tier? can't do anything right lol.

You're right. Let's have Binary, maybe.

And let's drop the buffing of 5*s. It's ridiculous. I don't care how well it fits in with the theme.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix being buffed is just the tip of the iceberg just wait till they add the 5* to the weekly buff list. Can you imagine the damage GG will do when buffed? Or how about the strike tiles OML will put out. This is a test by the devs to see if we are willing to accept a 5* being buffed. I say complain loudly a 5* buffed is just to crazy!!!!
  • wymtime wrote:
    Phoenix being buffed is just the tip of the iceberg just wait till they add the 5* to the weekly buff list. Can you imagine the damage GG will do when buffed? Or how about the strike tiles OML will put out. This is a test by the devs to see if we are willing to accept a 5* being buffed. I say complain loudly a 5* buffed is just to crazy!!!!

Just wait for the Anniversary, with the "Class of 2016" event.

Literally every 5* getting buffed all at the same time.
  • killerkoala
    Since Green Goblin is buffed i guess it's appropo to bump this topic up.