Hawkeye + Black Widow = "Lovebirds"?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Proving to today's youth that a boy and a girl CANNOT be "just friends", without having sexual relations.

Good job, guys.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were they ever romantically linked in the comics? They definitely don't have a thing in the MCU, despite the fans' assumptions after Avengers 1, what with MCU Hawkeye being happily married.

(Regardless, Natasha should still be on the list as one of Daredevil's exes)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    When natasha joined the avengers in the comics, yes they were involved.
  • CrookedKnight
    ....I should have known that! Not because I ever actually read those comics, which I should, but because in one of the early issues of the Matt Fraction/David Aja Hawkeye series there's a bit where Clint remarks that all of his superhero exes are in the same room -- Black Widow, Mockingbird, and Spider-Woman.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Her relationship with Hawkeye is what caused her to defect.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    ....I should have known that! Not because I ever actually read those comics, which I should, but because in one of the early issues of the Matt Fraction/David Aja Hawkeye series there's a bit where Clint remarks that all of his superhero exes are in the same room -- Black Widow, Mockingbird, and Spider-Woman.

If memory serves, he calls Natasha his "work wife" in that issue, and it never explicitly says they were involved (unlike Bobbi and Jessica)....

But they were definitely involved. Back when they were both baaaaad.....
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Were they ever romantically linked in the comics? They definitely don't have a thing in the MCU, despite the fans' assumptions after Avengers 1, what with MCU Hawkeye being happily married.

(Regardless, Natasha should still be on the list as one of Daredevil's exes)

The MCU Hawkeye is based on the Ultimate Avengers version, who definitely was not involved with Natasha. She... sorta killed his family...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor

The essential line is great, if it's still going, to catch those early adventures. In black and white though. I've got quite a few of the masterwork editions which are a bit more pricy but in full colour.

I think about 10 years ago they released every comic to the time for avengers and spidey on a cd-rom too.

I am so behind the current marvel. Been meaning to read that hawkeye run for ages.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Proving to today's youth that a boy and a girl CANNOT be "just friends", without having sexual relations.

Good job, guys.
    Let me get out my* handy marvel hook-up chart. Yep, they were a thing (yeesh, who wasn't).

*not actually mine

http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/blog/2015/02/10/superlove-marvels-romantic-relationships-mapped/
    WHB_Superlove.jpg
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think BW is supposed to be linked to Daredevil. and Hawkeye is supposed to be cupid cause of his arrows.
  • CrookedKnight
    thisone wrote:

The essential line is great, if it's still going, to catch those early adventures. In black and white though. I've got quite a few of the masterwork editions which are a bit more pricy but in full colour.

I think about 10 years ago they released every comic to the time for avengers and spidey on a cd-rom too.

I am so behind the current marvel. Been meaning to read that hawkeye run for ages.

Marvel Unlimited, baby! All the comics I can eat for a year, including the classics, for the cost of one omnibus.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I thought they were an offscreen thing in "CA:The Winter Soldier," as Natasha had an arrow necklace from "someone special," but then they retconned that so in Avengers 2, the Bartons' (Surprise! He's married and a dad!) favorite Aunt Nattie could have a different office relationship with, like, zero buildup.

EDIT: I'm sure the comics' canon takes precedence; I just haven't read enough to have any authority. Also, I'm just gripey that they have to throw the one chick around as the flirty yet ultimately lonely love object.