Upcoming Marvel Movies/TV Shows and Tie Ins

Options
notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, as we all know, MPQ loves to tie into new theatrical releases and TV shows, as well as a new character comic book if at the behest of Marvel. We know from the past that they will release characters even for Fox owned properties, like when they released the rest of the Fantastic Four this past summer. So let's think about the upcoming releases and what they could do for events or new characters:

Deadpool movie

I don't think they will add another Deadpool to the game. Maybe the Deadpool month is enough of a tie in for them. I doubt we will get anything else from the Deadpool movie since the characters there aren't name brand enough for people to care outside of Colossus and Deadpool.

Daredevil season 2

We have Elektra and the Punisher as the main characters. I don't know who else is in it yet. We already have a 4 star Elektra, so I doubt we will get a new one. Punisher is possible since he doesn't have a 4 star, although I am not sure how they could make him special or different from his 3 star version.

X-Men - Age of Apocalypse

I could see another boss battle against Apocalypse. They will probably finally release Nightcrawler and Angel. I can't think of any other characters from the movie they would release. Jubilee?

Civil War
The only hero that isn't in the game currently from Civil War will be Winter Soldier I believe. They could also release a 4 star Black Panther, or Black Widow, maybe Scarlet Witch or Vision but that is harder to believe since they were released so recently as 3 stars. They won't release a new Iron Man since we already have HB. They won't release a new Captain America since we already have Flaptain. Ant-Man is a 4 star. We don't have a 3 or 4 star Hawkeye, so that is possible, but I can't imagine what his costume will look like. As far as events, I don't think there is a boss character they will be able to use. Maybe they will come up with a new event, but that is unlikely since it took them so long to come up with the Ultron event. Maybe Marvel will ask them to though.

We also have Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. Agent Carter doesn't have super-heroes that I can recall, so that rules that out. I haven't watched this seasons Agents of Shield, but they could try to start releasing the Inhumans from the show, but they probably don't have enough popularity for it. I guess Daisy and Deathlok are the only real super heroes in the show.

Other upcoming Marvel events are much later in the year, so I doubt we will see anything from them for a while. Dr. Strange at the end of the year. Luke Cage also at the end of the year.

Anyone think of anything I am missing? Maybe a new comic character that is gaining in popularity?

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    X-Men - Age of Apocalypse

I could see another boss battle against Apocalypse. They will probably finally release Nightcrawler and Angel. I can't think of any other characters from the movie they would release. Jubilee?

Olivia Munn 4* Psylocke aka Boobsy Braddock.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RE: Agent Carter
    Whitney Frost is Madame Masque
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:

Is that the current season? I don't even know who that is. They tend to not release unknown characters unless to promote a new comic, like SG and KK.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agent Carter has Madam Masque, who is a HYDRA bigwig and was a major player during Dark Reign -- she'd definitely be a candidate if they wanted to go that way. There's also a woman who is definitely a Black Widow and may be the MCU's Yelena Belova.

For Daredevil season 2, they could always have star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngPunisher (Punching A Bear).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missing Jessica Jones.

I could see 4* Netflix costume Daredevil as a potential thing along with a Punisher.

For agents of shield, you also have Coulsin, Lash, Lincoln, Mockingbird. They were at least popular enough to make Future Fight's roster. Sure, they aren't A team, but all probably more recognizable to the general public than Hood or Sentry.

Black Bolt is going to be part of the future Inhumans movie.

But, really, I'm not going to expect much. We already have so many MCU characters, most of the villians, that have no representation. Iron Monger, Whiplash, Mandarin, Red Skull, Winter Soldier, Malekith, Ronin, Drax, Yellowjacket.
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Deadpool movie

I don't think they will add another Deadpool to the game. Maybe the Deadpool month is enough of a tie in for them. I doubt we will get anything else from the Deadpool movie since the characters there aren't name brand enough for people to care outside of Colossus and Deadpool.

Ajax? Just because he isn't major in the comics doesn't mean we will get the comic version, we may get the movie version.

I suppose he'd be a bit like 3pool but with damage avoidance?

Deadpool movie possible spoiler:
    If I remember correctly, he can't feel pain, right?
  • Also, about X-Men: Apocalypse coming soon:

Does Marvel want to promote that movie?

I mean, they're not too fond of Fox having the license there instead of themselves.

(Then again, we did get Thing and Mr. Fantastic around the time the F4ntastic movie came out)
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:

Is that the current season? I don't even know who that is. They tend to not release unknown characters unless to promote a new comic, like SG and KK.

Yes, she's the main villain in this current season and as CrookedKnight just mentioned she's been around for a while. Even as a love interest for Tony Stark (Villains need love too icon_e_surprised.gif )

Carter has also had the Howling Commandos and the Black Widow program but they seem to not be interested in releasing normal human characters (Mockingbird/Coulson).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I'm still patiently waiting for Jessica. And Killgrave too, but he's kind of Rated NC-17, the jerk.

Hellcat / Patsy for Session 2, plx!
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not having Jessica Jones is a HUGE oversight, we need her asap! She could be boosted along with Luke Cage in the Valentines PvP.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Also, about X-Men: Apocalypse coming soon:

Does Marvel want to promote that movie?

I mean, they're not too fond of Fox having the license there instead of themselves.

(Then again, we did get Thing and Mr. Fantastic around the time the F4ntastic movie came out)

It's not so much about promoting the Apocalypse movie as it is cashing in on Fox's marketing budget for Marvel's gain. People are going to see the movie and be all "Cool, those mutant folks seem pretty cool, I wonder if there's a mobile match 3 game which features Psylocke and Archangel?" And guess how much money Fox gets from MPQ? Guess how much Fox gets from Marvel Unlimited subscriptions? etc.

It doesn't work in reverse, of course. MPQ advertised the Ant-Man movie at release (via Ant-Man's bio) and blu ray (via a pop up) because that's keeping it Marvel. But it didn't explicitly advertise the recent FF movie, although we did see Thing and Mr F both turn up in game. People are going to see Deadpool and think "what a cheery fellow" and the only thing Fox has to offer people interested in more is Wolverine: Origins.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Punisher is possible since he doesn't have a 4 star, although I am not sure how they could make him special or different from his 3 star version.
    In terms of game mechanics, Ghost Rider is the 4* equivalent to Punisher. There is no niche left for Punpun in 4*-land, now.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Jessica Jones

Daredevil update
    Elektra update
    Publisher update

Psylocke update ( unlikely / no gaming rights )
    1*Jubilee ( unlikely / no gaming rights )
    Angel / Archangel ( unlikely / no gaming rights )
    Apocalypse boss battle ( unlikely / no gaming rights )

1* Sharon Carter
    Bucky / The Winter Soldier
    Rhodey / War Machine
    Doctor Strange
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think these are the most likely ones we will get:

A new Daredevil,
    An update to existing Psylocke,
    Angel (will fit design of existing ingame X-Men rather than movie),
    Winter Soldier,