Did they Stealth Fix Scarlet Witch?

Selvokaz
Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Scarlet Witch is one of my favorite people to use so I feel like I'd notice any change to her. For the last few days now I noticed what to me feels like a slight change in how her Reality Crush works. Previous using Reality Crush on teams with one near death member was like sketchy in that there was a chance you'd stun the person who was about to die and then they'd die from the damage from Reality Crush. Now however it seems like the damage calculations are done first and who ever is left alive rolls against who gets stunned. I can't confirm it but that's what it seems like playing thus far. I can say I've not see the original issue happen in some time despite being in numerous situations where it could have happened. So if it is Halleluyah! Praise be to Wanda.

scarlet_witch_wanda_maximoff_by_tatianangfung-d8thq55.jpg

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    This wasn't a stealth fix, it was announced in the last patch, and yeah, she's already one of my favorites, but that tweak makes her brutal.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fixed? Yes

Stealth? No

It was in the last set of patch notes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38649&hilit=patch+notes+93+r93
    - Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre-R93, it used to stun enemies and then take away hitpoints. Now, enemies lose hitpoints, and then one of the ones who's still alive will get stunned. It's more fair.
  • Selvokaz
    Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Thanks guys.. didn't put 2 and 2 together for some reason.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Is damage calculated first now? I would like the stun to be applied first except the game avoids stunning someone who will die.

If you Reality Crush Captain Marvel, will she generate ap?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:
    Is damage calculated first now? I would like the stun to be applied first except the game avoids stunning someone who will die.

that is a good question now.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Ruinate wrote:

Haven't used it on Marvel, but used it on Carnage & he did fire off his attack tiles in between getting damaged & being stunned. So Marvel would probably react that way too.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:

If so, it's still well worth the tradeoff.
  • This fix was a no-brainer. The idea that a random stun would impact a downed character is pure nonsense of the highest order.

And yes, it is a MAJOR improvement for SW's purpleflag.png and makes her even more of an asset to a bazillion teams than she already was! This is what they call a win.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    This fix was a no-brainer. The idea that a random stun would impact a downed character is pure nonsense of the highest order.

And yes, it is a MAJOR improvement for SW's purpleflag.png and makes her even more of an asset to a bazillion teams than she already was! This is what they call a win.

People used to bring her for her bluetile.png and nothing has changed here. Her purpletile.png plain sucked and i used it only as a last resort hoping the stun would hit the right guy or when there was only 1 enemy left and i wanted to stun him. The damage still isn't great but it's a lot more useful now and will probably see a bit more use. Great change.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    +1 for the artwork anyway!