Bonus for using unused characters

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Okay I understand that this will be a pain to program. But if the developers want us to use more than just our two favorite characters, maybe we can get some kind of iso bonus for using characters we haven't used in a long time. Maybe once per day, we can get something for our least used character. Thus it will always rotate which character we use each day to get this bonus.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Okay I understand that this will be a pain to program. But if the developers want us to use more than just our two favorite characters, maybe we can get some kind of iso bonus for using characters we haven't used in a long time. Maybe once per day, we can get something for our least used character. Thus it will always rotate which character we use each day to get this bonus.
    I like where you're going with this. I'd take it even further. Remember when PvE nodes used to offer a first-time completion bonus? (No? Trust me, they did). Why not the same thing with each character? Each day, the first time you win a battle with a character, it gives you an ISO bonus. This is a pretty direct and straight-forward way for them to get us to start using a lot more of our roster.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I like where you're going with this. I'd take it even further. Remember when PvE nodes used to offer a first-time completion bonus? (No? Trust me, they did). Why not the same thing with each character? Each day, the first time you win a battle with a character, it gives you an ISO bonus. This is a pretty direct and straight-forward way for them to get us to start using a lot more of our roster.
    love this idea. I've always wanted to try and use all 80 of my characters in a given day. haven't tried it - would almost have to be on an LR day, and I doubt I'd give up the speed there. but would be nice. I can't remember the last time I played IW (outside of ddq day), spidey, im40 (that's about to change though), beast, colossus. those just never get pulled out LRs take care of others I wouldn't play otherwise like daredevil, mystique, and rags. this would be a fun feature.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could add a DDQ daily challenge node in where you are required to play a certain team in a match up vs another team or wave node etc. for 2500 iso and 1 more DDQ token (about one 3* character level) using a 2*,3* and a 4*. Enemy team could be a set level say 150 since DDQ doesn't scale. So examples could be something like this:

Day 1 - 2* Wolverine/3* BSGW/ 4* Iceman
    Day 2 - 2* Moonstone/ 3* Thor/ 4* Carnage
    Day 3 - 2* Captain America/ 3* Blade/ 4* Venom
    Day 4 - 2* Bullseye/3* Magneto/ 4* Wolverine
    Day 5 - 2* Storm/ 3* KK/ 4* Hulkbuster
    Day 6 - 2* OBW/ 3* Iron Fist/ 4* Thor
    Day 7 - 2* Magneto/ 3* Storm/ 4* Kingpin

Cycle 2

Day 1 - 2* Ares/ 3* Hood/ 4* Star Lord
    Day 2 - 2* Captain Marvel/ 3* Beast/ 4* Nick Fury
    Day 3 - 2* Thor/ 3* Daken/ 4* Totally Awesome Hulk
    Day 4 - 2* Torch/ 3* Cyclops/ 4* Jean
    Day 5 - 2* Hawkeye/ 3* Bullseye/ 4* Miles
    Day 6 - 2* Daken/ 3* Squirrel Girl/ 4* Ghost Rider
    Day 7 - 2* Bagman/ 3* Black Panther/ 4* Devil Dinosaur (veteran challenge this one)

You could make tons of different cycles and although 2* would be used once every 2 weeks or so you would cycle through 3* and 4* since there are more of them with many different team combos. If you elected to go with a wave node (1st wave minions, 2nd wave characters) then you slightly reduce the difficulty of the opponents to reflect this. If you have a bunch of maxed characters then lvl 150 won't be a big challenge but if you have an low leveled character in any 2*/3*/4* realm, it would make it fairly challenging (kind of like PvE heroics can be). I think it would give me more use of different characters and may find some new characters and/or combos that they like. In addition it would help increase iso for playerbase and progression chances (although small) by offering another DDQ token on a daily basis. It wouldn't be something you could succeed in every day much like the 4* DDQ challenge, I have a fairly developed 3* roster and could probably succeed in roughly 7 of the 14 matchups I listed above in my estimation. Since it is daily though, you would have many more opportunities to see different match ups instead of waiting a full week like 4* challenge now. Developed 4* rosters would most likely succeed every day, assuming they had put some iso into their 4* characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not be crazy about 2* essentials that flipped every day. I really don't want to have to roster all of them, and while keeping 1 slot for pve essentials is not too hard to keep track of, a daily would be really annoying to keep up with. for 2500 iso I'd do it, but still annoying. it'd be better if it gave you the option of going without that character for a 2-man team, but I highly doubt they'd do it that way.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    you are required
    That would kill the fun. I think people would get way more out of this if they could load up whatever combo pops into their head.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    How about another 3-mission path in the DDQ?... "DEADPOOL'S GRAB BAG"

The missions would skip the character selection screen, instead going straight to the mission with a randomly-selected team from your roster. The first node would take 3 random 2*, the second 3*s, and the third 4*s (or... alternatively, 1*s, 2*s, and 3*s... with a 4th node pulling random 4*s every 5th day for a legendary a la Crash of the Titans)