Crystal challenges

Options
Hello everyone. I'm looking to have information about how to beat the challenges in story mode the easiest. I'm referring to the challenges in story mode that want you to play a certain number of spells or lose so many creatures etc. What 'walkers/builds would be good for each of these? For instance, having a 'walker with a lot of health and getting out an Orbs of Warding would be great to beat the 'take x damage' challenges because you are still taking the damage despite gaining 2 back from it. How else do you all build decks to complete these?

If possible I will update the OP with information as it arrives so people don't have to go digging through the thread.

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd did almost all the challange(meaning I am missing just like 5 max).
    I usually chose this way:
    - take low damage - jace
    - cast x spells jace
    - win in x rounds or less - gideon(nissa also post patch could work)
    - no defenders almost any deck(reach is not defender so nissa is fine)
    - take x or more damage - Gideon with life link creature(have no orb)
    - win in x or more rounds - jace
    - kill x creature or more - gideon can work but if x is high you can end up killing opponent. In that case Chandra is better.(pre patch I did with have mostly)
    - kill x or less creature - jace probably with double bounce

That is overall how I did it
  • obsidianpeanut
    obsidianpeanut Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/WIiMC

Gideon Battle Forged deck built specifically for story mode objectives "kill X enemy creatures" and " lose X creatures" objectives - works well with "win after 20 rounds."
    Gideon is level 36 and I've finished all the objectives that match the above through Origins - Chapter Two, Part 2 with this deck.

I'd imagine that leveling will be needed in Chapter 3 and there will likely be a few that it doesn't work for.

How it works:

Turn off all your cards as drawn into your hand so that you fully control when they are cast.

For "lose X creatures", use Knightly valor immediately before murder investigation. Keep those supports active and you have an endless supply of 1/1+ soldiers with vigilance to lose to the enemy. Use 1st and 3rd abilities to block flying or berserk and lose as needed. Use silverstrike, smite and declaration to maintain control of the board.

For kill enemy creatures, just reverse it. Use silverstrike, smite and declaration in stone to kill enemies as they come out. Augment with 1/1 vigilance tokens and 1st/3rd ability creatures as needed to protect yourself and maintain control when not in possession of kill spells.

Use Consuls and Bruna to mop up once the objective is complete.

Use scour in place of declaration if you don't have it. Use other white creatures if you don't have Consul's or Bruna.

Have patience with the Origins, Ch.1 Part 2, battle 9 "Guardians of Meletis" - only one enemy creature in that deck and it seems to rarely get cast.