Sandbox Node (Or Something with a Better Name)

2»

Comments

• AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Popped in to say this is an exceptional idea. Thumb up OP so it's brought faster to attention of devs. You could use a fighting game character selection screen there just for the fun
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This kinda sounds like the DPS dummies MMOs usually have. Cool idea.

What would make it even cooler is rather than maxing out all characters in the generic roster, allow us to set levels for testing different things. Maxed out 5* would only help the very top people. They could also open this feature with a tutorial that explained to some extent how scaling and roster progression should work because they way the game is now it's very obtuse to new players until they've already made pretty fatal flaws.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an answer to "my kids play my account in prologue," "I use prologue to experiment," and assorted other "don't lock my nodes reasons", I offer this:

Give us one node. I guess in the prologue tab but doesn't really matter where. The node doesn't access your roster. It accesses a generic roster, with all Characters unlocked & maxed, w/ respec open. You pick your 3 and the opponents 3. NO REWARDS.

People can futz around in the game all they want, which allegedly is all they're asking. New characters can be tested immediately to see if they're worth the money (I think this was popular when it was a season node, dunno why it went away).

Prologue heal and prologue farming (the common sense reasons to lock the nodes) still goes the way of the dodo (or the true heal).

Everyone wins.

Funny enough it went away after silver surfer.

I guess they don't want us to see how strong the other 5 stars actually get.

They should make a pvp event all based on a ranted roster.

it'd be interesting to see people actually strategize, and make interesting defensive teams instead of being held back by roster.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unlike everyone else here.

I think the mode should have awards.

Nothing huge, some spare iso.