Whales whales whales not instant win

Options
Nabistay
Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Last night at about 130 am the following happened. I didn't record it because android doesn't have a 'record that' feature.
So take my word, as I am salty about the matter

Balance of power, deadpool whales team up against (mostly) full team. Hulkbuster half health, dies. Third enemy character also died. Kamala kahn survives with 1k life. I did spend my deadpool points, so how did she live?

Next game, last game I need to break 1k and get a coveted red hulkbuster cover. Bit off more than I could chew because of the other team up deadpool I got from my Alliance. I use it.. And it drops one whale. Doesn't even give me a chance to use my deadpool points!

I have been stockpiling deadpool points for awhile. I used about 6 during the end of the gauntlet. And tried to use it twice during balance of power. Is there a limit I am not aware of?

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nabistay wrote:
    Last night at about 130 am the following happened. I didn't record it because android doesn't have a 'record that' feature.
    So take my word, as I am salty about the matter

Balance of power, deadpool whales team up against (mostly) full team. Hulkbuster half health, dies. Third enemy character also died. Kamala kahn survives with 1k life. I did spend my deadpool points, so how did she live?

Next game, last game I need to break 1k and get a coveted red hulkbuster cover. Bit off more than I could chew because of the other team up deadpool I got from my Alliance. I use it.. And it drops one whale. Doesn't even give me a chance to use my deadpool points!

I have been stockpiling deadpool points for awhile. I used about 6 during the end of the gauntlet. And tried to use it twice during balance of power. Is there a limit I am not aware of?

For the one whale situation, you do need something like 28000 deadpool points to fire off all the whales (when you do have the option to fire it, you'll see how much it costs vs what you have), so it sounds like after the Gauntlet you had just depleted below that amount. I don't think I've ever used a TU Deadpool, so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Not sure on the Kamala fight, but it is balance of power, so maybe lvl 550 pushes the game beyond what the devs originally considered an "insta win" when Deadpool was introduced 2 years ago?
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The insta-kill button isn't quite an insta-kill. It actually does a little shy of 100K AOE damage, which is why it wasn't working in BoP to kill everyone. In addition, Elektra can shadow-step around it, and any character who's been knocked into the air by Nova, or thrown there by Colossus isn't effected.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As an experienced Whale user, I know the ability does an even 90,000 damage to the enemy team. So in this silly event, it is NOT an instant win. And you can use it as a teamup and drop all of the whales, but I'm not 100% sure if the team-up ability counts unless it is set at 5. Everyone in my alliance that sends whales team-ups has the power at 5 purple, so maybe at lower power levels, the option to super whale is not present?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    As an experienced Whale user, I know the ability does an even 90,000 damage to the enemy team. So in this silly event, it is NOT an instant win. And you can use it as a teamup and drop all of the whales, but I'm not 100% sure if the team-up ability counts unless it is set at 5. Everyone in my alliance that sends whales team-ups has the power at 5 purple, so maybe at lower power levels, the option to super whale is not present?
    You can super-whale at lower level too. I have gotten plenty of WWW teamups from DDQ battles and the option is always there. It's one of the few low level teamups I don't delete immediately.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well there you go...he must not have had enough deadpool points then
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey everybody, thanks for the quick replies!

I should have specified in my earlier post that I did indeed run out of deadpool points. I mentioned the second game more of a "The game did use my deadpool points even though I didn't get an instant win" example. (I am really tired still! boo insomnia!) In the team up case there isn't a way to see how many deadpool points you have unless you have enough for it to give you the option.

It maxing out damage at 90k makes sense, but I am also suprised that doesn't scale in the tournament like everything else!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Super-whales breaks the 4th wall, so I'm not surprised it doesn't scale like a normal ability. Good to know for future events.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nabistay wrote:
    Hey everybody, thanks for the quick replies!

I should have specified in my earlier post that I did indeed run out of deadpool points. I mentioned the second game more of a "The game did use my deadpool points even though I didn't get an instant win" example. (I am really tired still! boo insomnia!) In the team up case there isn't a way to see how many deadpool points you have unless you have enough for it to give you the option.

It maxing out damage at 90k makes sense, but I am also suprised that doesn't scale in the tournament like everything else!

With all the recent changes, that may have slipped through the cracks. Might want to put a ticket in the bugs section so that they know its a problem. They may not have even figured it was a problem until someone brings it up to them after BOP as this is the first time we are witnessing this.