Quicksilver revamped Blue power activating

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
So if you use Quicksilver and get 4 Bubbles on the board, if you then use his Green power to gain +1 Bubble (which should cause the power to activate), it doesn't.

I got up to 6 bubbles on the screen and then was able to match with the Blue to have them all explode.

It used to be if when you got the 5th bubble on the screen (before it was only by matching), then it'd activate.

So it seems the program isn't checking for 4x bubbles to activate the Blue power, until blues are matched (either by you or the computer).

EDIT: I guess that is what the exact text of the character, but is that the intention with the Green power revamped?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So you can use green, then match. Also, green damage is supposed to be higher now I think.And if black is one AP shy of being used, using green will reduce its cost. Again, you can use that [black] to match blue.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The burst damage happens when his blue power triggers. His blue power triggers only when somebody matches blue. Adding another locked tile through other means is not the same as triggering Supersonic -- otherwise you could trigger AOE bursts by matching blue and then casting Force Bubbles, over and over.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Again: Supersonic triggers on blue matches. The explosion and team damage are conditional on there being 4 locked TU tiles when Supersonic triggers. Nothing triggers on the placement of locked tiles, so Fists of Fury will never cause the explosion and team damage.

Use FoF with three locked tiles out, then match blue to pop them all.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    You cannot use FoF w/ 3-4 locked tiles out and activate the Blue burst.

I used Green w/ 4 tiles out (no Blue activation), so it went to 5, that didn't work, I went to 6 tiles out.

It would be great IF you had blue matches, but there was none available.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    After several tries in QS pvp, I finally realize QS blue power has bug
    If there were 3 locked tile and 2 QS in both side, u match blue tiles to create 4th locked tile. Yes it's alright. But later it also created 5th locked tiles, and u got team attack. That's why I felt confused in the past. BTW, this bug also could be a trap for AI. Let AI match blue with 3 locked tile in board,then AI got team injury spontaneously.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's not a bug. The active player's ability triggers first and checks the number of locked tiles, creating one if there are < 4 and dealing damage if there are 4 or more. Then the opposing player's ability does the same thing. Yes you can set traps for the AI. Just hope it doesn't get lucky and have 3 blue drop in from the top. The AI's blue will trigger twice before yours does, and you'll eat all the damage.