Please maintain the Character Compendium

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
The Character and Skills Compendium thread is arguably the most useful thread in the entire forum, but with Nonce 95% retired, it's languishing badly. I don't think it's been updated in over 4 months. Can a mod or dev please take over the updates on this?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    The Character and Skills Compendium thread is arguably the most useful thread in the entire forum, but with Nonce 95% retired, it's languishing badly. I don't think it's been updated in over 4 months. Can a mod or dev please take over the updates on this?
    If a poster wants to volunteer, they could start a new thread they can edit without needing mod permissions. Otherwise, I will try to update it in my currently strained free time.
  • simonsez
    I'd like to, but the whole thing looks way too html-heavy for me.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not HTML. It's bbcode and it can all be done using the editing buttons available when you write a new post.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the devs have fixed IM40, I have a reason to get involved again. I'll try to get the Compendium updated this week.

Not sure what to do about Champions, yet. Myself, I have 10 L2, 34 L3, and 8 L4 champions.
  • simonsez
    It's not HTML.
    Which confirms how stupid I am when it comes to stuff like that
  • simonsez
    Since the devs have fixed IM40, I have a reason to get involved again. I'll try to get the Compendium updated this week.

Not sure what to do about Champions, yet. Myself, I have 10 L2, 34 L3, and 8 L4 champions.
    Best news I've seen in a while...

As for champ stats, someone, I think maybe aes, made a thread with damage curves for champed characters that might be helpful it turns out they're all based on a quantifiable formula.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    As for champ stats, someone, I think maybe aes, made a thread with damage curves for champed characters that might be helpful it turns out they're all based on a quantifiable formula.
    While the formula (or more likely, formulas) is probably quantifiable, nobody's managed to spade it out yet. The data and charts (I love charts!) that aesthetocyst compiled (with some assistance from other posters) are in this thread.