Can anyone explain what's happened?

Options
Ads-Jack
Ads-Jack Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi guys, was hoping some of you could help me. Can anyone explain how the game difficulty is working now? I've been playing like a mad man trying to build a good roster but the latest event is just impossible! I unlocked the two lands and then other than one of the missions the rest are at insanely high levels! I mean three "grunts/soldiers" at level 125 - how am I suppose to win?

After the Hulk event I was really keen to get back in to another big event with my much improved roster but now i can't see how I can win anything! I had more fun playing with my low lever 1 star team.

Was hoping someone could explain how it works?

Oh and if the devs are reading this STOP BREAKING THE GAME!!

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    Since the game is competitive, they need to weed people out.

In other words, the game is designed so that people LOSE, not that people win. Basically the one that loses the least is the one who wins in this competitive game.

That means, more often then not, the person who is going to lose, is you.
  • You can beat grunts at lvl125 with right heroes at lvl 45-60 (OWB and Moonstone have countdown controls for starters, and Cap can replace them with his tiles or destroy lines with his yellow - and they all 2*).
    Also - boosts for grunts work wonders.
  • While the scaling does ramp up too quickly, teams of grunts levelled above you are often quite easy to beat. What you need are powers that increase the time on their countdowns or stun them, so they don't actually get shots off too often. Original Black Widow is particularly good (increases countdowns and steals AP), as is Spider-Man (stuns, and heals if you do get hit). Characters with tile-shattering powers or others that feed you lots of AP are also useful, so you can use lots of abilities quickly.
  • For one, it would help if people that make these type of posts actually post their line up so everyone else (including any devs lurking around here) gets to have an idea where they are at and maybe even give them advice on what might actually help them beat said stage(s).

Then the next thing is, the game is not designed for everyone to just come in and beat everything. Just do whatever you can, improve your roster more and attempt for a better placing the next event. As for the how the difficulty is set, nobody really knows beyond the devs but what has been guessed is that it involves you and at least the people in your bracket. From what I personally notice though, as a whole the recent pve events seem to have 2 nodes, one easy one with enemies of lower starting levels and a hard one with enemies of much higher levels. The overall difficulty of the whole event also tend to increase as the event goes along. As for the scaling, if you manage to get the devs to tell you that, do reveal it to the rest of us as well. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Use boosted heroes.
  • Ads-Jack wrote:
    Hi guys, was hoping some of you could help me. Can anyone explain how the game difficulty is working now? I've been playing like a mad man trying to build a good roster but the latest event is just impossible! I unlocked the two lands and then other than one of the missions the rest are at insanely high levels! I mean three "grunts/soldiers" at level 125 - how am I suppose to win?

The reason you been assigned with Grunt lv125 means previously you able defeat multiple opponent (Try Hard) with ease... so it will scale as the event goes on... currently i facing all lv200+ opponent and i got no problem dealing with it since i use some boosted for match with most point and for some reason boost item can be obtained easily from each match i win..

Still to defeat grunt lv125 you need a ap stealer character or stunner to win the match easily... the difficulty part come with Ares + Jugg combo xD
  • Ads-Jack wrote:

After the Hulk event I was really keen to get back in to another big event with my much improved roster but now i can't see how I can win anything! I had more fun playing with my low lever 1 star team.

Was hoping someone could explain how it works?

Oh and if the devs are reading this STOP BREAKING THE GAME!!

125? Most of us get them well over 200.

And nothing NEW happened we head all this **** in the previous PVEs. Got little better in the last but guess it was considered too good for us so we're going the usual 3 steps back after one forward.