New 3*s?

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you think we will see more new 3*s being added now instead of just mostly 4 and 5 stars so that the new 4*s will have at least one 3* as a related Champion?
I hope so. Even with the recent changes, which do help a lot, it still takes a casual daily player like me forever to get enough covers (and then ISO) to create viable 4*s.

Comments

• Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    They've gone out and said that they're not doing any more 3*, because they've filled all the character archetypes. I.e support, attack. I would try to dig up the post bringing that up, but I won't expose myself to the horrible search system of the forums.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    As above no more new 3*s has already been announced - pretty sure it was via community video
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've said there aren't any planned.
    The philosophy is "Never say never" though, so while it's unlikely it's still possible.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They won't make new 2* and 3*, because people will not spend their money on upgrading them.

Hopefully they WILL have pity on new players though, and make new 1* every few months. Easily, they could make 1*s like Sharon Carter, Jubilee, Lockjaw, etc.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    They won't make new 2* and 3*, because people will not spend their money on upgrading them.

Hopefully they WILL have pity on new players though, and make new 1* every few months. Easily, they could make 1*s like Sharon Carter, Jubilee, Lockjaw, etc.

I'm shocked they put in Spiderman. Most folks get to 3* level and don't even need to roster more than one 1* (for DDQ) anyway.

I was surprised when they added the last 2* (Marvel), similar to 1*'s they aren't often rostered. I know personally I sold most of them, and keep those I sold in my queue to put in for PVE essentials and nothing else.

At least with 3*'s, they would be more helpful as essentials both in PVE and PVP. It would also make things like Heroics and Tacos a bit more exciting again - I really wish they'd go 3*/4* back and forth. Now that folks can't buy covers directly (easily), maybe the "players won't purchase this character!" excuse is less valid?

The six month estimate for 4*'s catching up is the one I keep meaning to start a post about. If they are done with 3*'s but 4*'s catch up in numbers...it is time to put 4*'s in heroics, at 800 in PVP, for T100 individual and alliance rewards...might as well put them everywhere just like 3*'s are now, right?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Why would new players want new 1*s? It would slow down their cover completing of their characters which would slow their progress through the prologue and their progress to 2* land. You don't play for very long at all in 1* land ideally.

A few new 2*s would be better, as you spend far more time in 2* land, and if championing them provided the initial covers for valuable 2 stars it would be worthwhile.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    We are owed a 3* Jessica Jones to finish out the Heroes For Hire though.