5* affect on PvP matchmaking

Options
veneretio
veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
It seems every time I come here I read a different theory on how matchmaking works. I can't help, but think it has to be based on level now. In a relatively short time frame, I went from zero 5* to three of them. What I've noticed...

Before:
I would face relatively weak teams all the way to 650. Sometimes I could even get as high as 800 without facing a single team of equivalent quality to my own. Around the 800 range, I'd be facing equivalent teams, a few harder that I could skip. Given proper timing, I could push 900+ easily. 800 was reached every time without much effort and no shielding.

Now:
I face equivalent quality teams immediately. Hitting 800 takes real effort. Certainly I can still do it without shielding, but I'm playing matches that take longer and take more out of my characters. Worst of all, the high point gains I used to see seem to have disappeared and I'm faced with a sea of 25-30 point opponents. Once at 800, everything is high level 4*s and for low point values. Pushing to 900+ is so much work that I haven't been able to invest the time required since.

The result:
I've went from being able to hit 800 every pvp event for multiple seasons, hitting 1000 whenever I wanted to, to now, being forced to put in a major time commitment to get less rewards than I used to. I understand the timing of this coincides with the champion feature. So maybe its partly that. Maybe it's just less people are playing the game now so I'm not getting a lot of points for wins anymore? I can't help feeling like it's time to delete my 5*s. Which just feels wrong. I have one decent 4* to my name (xforce 553 at level 255), otherwise it's just a solid 3* lineup.

Are others seeing this? Am I being unrealistic in my expectations of progression?

What I'm hoping for:
Really to just be able to go back to where I was before. I want to be able to hit pvp progression rewards in a timely manor. I'm not asking for them for nothing, but I'd like to see easier teams initially again. I'd like to actually be getting reasonable point totals from teams I beat again. 50s used to be everywhere, now all I see is 30s. There's just something that feels wrong about progressing in this game suddenly slowing me down. Wanting to "nerf" myself in order to progress fast seems broken.

Comments