In the crosshairs

Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Subjects selected because of annoying powers - AP theft, cheap damage, burst heal, auto-tiles.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, OBW is always #1 if she's there. She'll mess up my AP collection strategy and quickly burst heal. If I can take her out with matching and cheap powers, I will.

KK is a close second. Hitting anyone on her team is essentially useless until you gather a few powers to take her out, but I target her on general principle.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Hood, OBW, Loki, in that order. Then Kamala Khan, Scarlet Witch, and She-Hulk but the order of those depends on several factors.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on which three. But hood is pretty much always first because his power is extremely annoying, and he's very weak. The more turns he lives, the more powerful your opponents become.

KK is also quite annoying, but if your attacks are strong enough, then her heal doesn't do much.

Also I attack dp and thing first, because they have nasty attacks and defense if you go after someone else.

Thing/XFDP on the same team is trouble!
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    You have to take out AP stealers first: Hood is the worst, and had low HP, so he goes first. I'd do OBW next - her purple will ruin your day, then Loki, just because he's so squishy. I think people tend to underprioritize Blade: a lucky placement on black hurts bad.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't sure what this thread was based on the title...apparently it is "Let's try to get Hood nerfed!"
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on the team I'm facing. I mean it's Hood > OBW > SW > Loki > Iron Fist in theory. But if I were facing say SW/Prof X/Hood I might target SW first because she's actually more of a danger. Or in HulkBuster/OBW/Iron Fist it would be Iron Fist first because he actually powers the Hulkbuster engine.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hood, OBW, Loki, Khan ... then the reactive armors: Cstorm, Deadpool, Thing, the other Deadpool.

I would have said the actual reactive armours first, so 3* Deadpool before Hood because otherwise you can't down Hood. Whereas the reactive offences such as Xpool and Cstorm can wait.
    Self-healers (Daken, Daken, Patch, X-23) have to be nuked first chance you get ... the first turn on which you have enough AP to nuke them in 1 turn. Stealers and reactives undermine that effort, so thieves die first, reactives second.

I always leave them on my plate till last, like sprouts. They generally don't put out as much damage as the non regenerators.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    AP generation then self sufficient nukes then healing then freezes then slow nukes then strike and attack tile generators then defense tile generators, then spiderman then bagman and yelena.

Jean and Prof X break this rule because the boards randomness can benefit them. So it's very YMMV
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I wasn't sure what this thread was based on the title...apparently it is "Let's try to get Hood nerfed!"
    It would be weird if there wasn't a character who is the first to get targeted. Also note that, in part, Hood is targeted first because he is so squishy. So reading a call of nerf to this is kinda short-sighted, I think.
  • It's all about speed in PvP and so you want to get rid of the characters that prolong the battle the most: AP stealers, healers, protect tile generators (I'd target 2* Bullseye over a lot of characters on the list).

Hood is obviously the worst as he is stealing a lot of your AP every turn, and he is quick to eliminate. Next for me is typically KK - the longer she lives, the harder she is to kill - as the enemy builds more and more AP they can fire more and more abilities causing her to heal more frequently really prolonging battles. Then probably Loki, and honestly if his illusions animation didn't take so long I probably wouldn't target him so early. His AP steal is avoidable and manageable, his black situational, but that cheap purple is annoying and takes forever, so he goes early.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hood is always the first target because his ap shenanigans are passive fire every turn without fail (unlike Loki's passive which conditional) and therefore the most dangerous. He also has a smaller health pool and should drop faster.

Other high priority targets are (in no particular order):

Iron Fist
    Loki
    OBW
    Kamala Khan
    She Hulk
    Juggernaut
    Deadpool
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Can I change my answer to IM40 now?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    When I really consider it I'll always drop a hood over anybody else because not only does he have that crazy passive but leave him and a couple of cascades can mean a large yellow board shaking nuke coming at you.

But my next would probably be Blade. Whenever I play against him his sodding purple goes off and gets stuck where I can't match it and wipes my health faster than Iron Fist especially with a passive dropping two strike tiles every turn.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's easily Hood. His passive as a snowball effect, longer it goes, more devastating it is.