Bleeding

onthebrink
onthebrink Posts: 31
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've not been able to find an exact answer for this, but what exactly does an ability that leaves an opponent bleeding do? Best guess is that they continue to lose health points even when they're not being targeted for attacks? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just couldn't find an exact description of it.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can only assume you're referring to Elektra's red ability?

Basically she creates a red trap tile on the board. As long as that trap tile exists, it'll do X amount of damage to the character in front. The trap tile is hidden from the opponent.

If you're not talking about that...I can only assume you're on the wrong board, maybe? =P
  • I can only assume you're referring to Elektra's red ability?

Basically she creates a red trap tile on the board. As long as that trap tile exists, it'll do X amount of damage to the character in front. The trap tile is hidden from the opponent.

If you're not talking about that...I can only assume you're on the wrong board, maybe? =P

For instance Deadpool's A little off the top or Psylocke's Psi-Katana, that put a red gash on the target's profile.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    onthebrink wrote:
    I can only assume you're referring to Elektra's red ability?

For instance Deadpool's A little off the top or Psylocke's Psi-Katana, that put a red gash on the target's profile.

Purely cosmetic.
  • jffdougan wrote:
    Purely cosmetic.
    So bleeding doesn't really have any effect?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    onthebrink wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Purely cosmetic.

Correct.

I didn't know that Pyslocke did it too, though!
  • Raffoon wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Purely cosmetic.

Correct.

I didn't know that Pyslocke did it too, though!

She doesn't does she? I thought that was a reference to Deadpool's breaking the 4th wall.

Bleeding is used in places to reference the damage from a Strike Tile or Attack Tile. That is all, there is no additional mechanic for it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use psylocke a lot and can confirm she has no visual bleed effect like deadpool.

And yeah its purely cosmetic for deadpool. There is no in game "bleed" mechanic.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    "Leaves them bleeding" is flavour text, nothing more.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It's really a legacy thing from the older fantasy-themed Puzzle Quest games. Black tends to be a colour for abilities that cause a "bleeding" or a "poisoned" effect that drains your opponent's health every turn, which is basically what attack tiles do. You can see that many of the older characters will generate attack tiles from their black abilities, like Storm, Punisher and Psylocke.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    was really hoping this was a new effect would be neat.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    was really hoping this was a new effect would be neat.
    Then Spidey's web bandages would truly be useful to remove the bleeding effect...
  • I am sure this game mechanic existed in Marvel Avengers Alliance. I recall Elektra actually being pretty awesome in that game.