So, where are our 200 Iso rewards?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
A while back, didn't the devs promise to include 100 and 200 Isos rewards in the PVP matches? I haven't seen anything like that yet...

Am I remembering this wrong?

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:

Yes

ok, I'll elaborate icon_lol.gif

The original idea was to add these rewards and introduce a straight skip tax.

Now we have the scaling +30 to -10, that is basically the same but looks better.
  • oic thanks. Thought I'd finally be able to get 200 Iso in a pvp match. icon_e_sad.gif
  • How 140+30 = 200 is beyond my math abilities... icon_e_wink.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    How 140+30 = 200 is beyond my math abilities... icon_e_wink.gif
    If we're being serious, you mean 70+30 = 200, since there's about a 80% chance at 70 and 20% at 140. and 2% chance of not getting 3 level 100+ in every match leading to a bunch of skips.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    If we're being serious, you mean 70+30 = 200, since there's about a 80% chance at 70 and 20% at 140. and 2% chance of not getting 3 level 100+ in every match leading to a bunch of skips.

If we're...actually...being serious, the math is:

(70 + 100 + 140 + 200)/4 = 127.5
    vs
    (70 + 30 + 140 + 30)/2 = 135
  • Nemek wrote:
    If we're...actually...being serious, the math is:

(70 + 100 + 140 + 200)/4 = 127.5
    vs
    (70 + 30 + 140 + 30)/2 = 135

And if we're actually being realistic it's:

(70 - 10 + 140 - 10)/2 = 95 icon_razz.gif
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Yes

ok, I'll elaborate icon_lol.gif

The original idea was to add these rewards and introduce a straight skip tax.

Now we have the scaling +30 to -10, that is basically the same but looks better.

Yes, IceIX originally quoted that they were planning to go for 70/100/140/200 : Here

But the plan changed down the line and we now have the current system instead.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    A while back, didn't the devs promise to include...?

Promise?
    They mentioned they were thinking about doing it. That's hardly a "promise".
    If you said to your partner "I'm thinking about going to the grocery store today." and don't end up doing it for whatever reason are they then entitled to say "But you PROMISED to go to the store!" Uh, no, you said you might...
  • mechgouki wrote:
    A while back, didn't the devs promise to include 100 and 200 Isos rewards in the PVP matches? I haven't seen anything like that yet...

Sure they did, then instead put that +30 on the button instead. The propaganda/repaint worked well, as a lot of people switched to praise the renamed skip tax.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

Guess for the some with impaired "sight".
  • Emeryt wrote:

How often are you seeing 140 instead of 70?

I'd say most of my victories in PvP yesterday gave me 70 ISO + whatever bonus ISO.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I'd say most of my victories in PvP yesterday gave me 70 ISO + whatever bonus ISO.

I saw mostly 140 yesterday.
  • dearbluey wrote:

Promise?
    They mentioned they were thinking about doing it. That's hardly a "promise".
    If you said to your partner "I'm thinking about going to the grocery store today." and don't end up doing it for whatever reason are they then entitled to say "But you PROMISED to go to the store!" Uh, no, you said you might...

Yeah... I see you haven't met my wife icon_rolleyes.gif . Basically it means I get back in the truck and go to the store.... but that's another topic altogether icon_e_wink.gif
  • wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    A while back, didn't the devs include...?

Promise?
    They mentioned they were thinking about doing it. That's hardly a "promise"

On the warcraft forums, the joke is "but the devs promised me a pony!" When those threads pop up. Just a common thing whenever people get previews.
  • jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Pretty sure IceIX said around this time that the 70/140 odds were 50/50 equal weighted.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Pretty sure IceIX said around this time that the 70/140 odds were 50/50 equal weighted.

Seems right; jozier got mostly 140s yesterday and I got mostly 70s yesterday. I just happened to be on the short end of the stick. We'll see how it plays out.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah i would say its about fifty fifty although i love getting on a heater of +140 with the bonus 30 it can add up pretty quick.
  • mechgouki wrote:

You remember right. They included that in the patch preview of R47. But they were too busy sneaking unannounced painful changes to introduce announced good changes.
  • hetchel wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

You remember right. They included that in the patch preview of R47. But they were too busy sneaking unannounced painful changes to introduce announced good changes.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I want a gay pony devs c: . It HAS to have heat vision and be able to warp reality. <3