Connecting ALL Facebook Friends?!

Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
So when I get the +3 Allies option, it only links me to two of my facebook friends, yet, I'm receiving gifts from about 6. Any idea how to fix it so I can pick more people here?

Thanks.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    It's a known bug in R40 unfortunately. We ask FB for your friends playing MPQ, it sends us a list. For some reason, some users have their FB lists only sending over a few friends each time, and often the same ones. It's not that we're limiting it to those couple, we're actually only getting sent those couple for some odd reason.
  • This may have been discussed but if I start a new FB account for the game does my progress transfer over?
  • I'm having an alternate problem, where the people I'm given to choose from, I'm 99% certain are not and have never played MPQ. I'm receiving gifts from a few friends, but those friends never show up as options for me. Instead I get the same list of 25 people that I'm fairly certain do not play.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    greggray24 wrote:
    This may have been discussed but if I start a new FB account for the game does my progress transfer over?
    If it's your first FB account link, yes. Otherwise, no. If it did, people could share logins and push their progress to anyone else, switching over once they've gotten everything from the first account. That's not only against FB's ToS, it's also not so good for the game itself.
  • IceIX wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    This may have been discussed but if I start a new FB account for the game does my progress transfer over?
    If it's your first FB account link, yes. Otherwise, no. If it did, people could share logins and push their progress to anyone else, switching over once they've gotten everything from the first account. That's not only against FB's ToS, it's also not so good for the game itself.

Makes sense. I suppose I could play around with Facebook and create a MPQ group that only sees MDQ related stuff. Time to learn more about privacy controls in Facebook I guess.

EDIT - Looks like there is a restricted list - but from what I understand the game doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between people who play and those that don't. I have to say that Candy Crush (which I uninstalled once I got into MDQ) seemed to be able to do it... I guess I'll wait until the Facebook stuff is more refined.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, this is a problem. I'm pretty sure my mom isn't playing MPQ. She doesn't even have a phone or tablet that will let her play it.

I'm pretty sure "list of friends playing MPQ" isn't working at all.
  • this bug really sucks since the friends i've friended through these boards, i've never once gotten the opportunity to send them iso.
  • I know for a fact none of my friends that show up on my share play this game.