How much CP would you pay for a "good" legendary token?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that they have the relatively pointless classic and latest legendary tokens, I was thinking they should create a "good" token option. Basically the odds would be the same 4/5 star qualities but the only difference is it doesn't include invisible woman, miles, mr fantastic, star lord, troll hulk, and venom. I would probably pay 40 cp for this as I am absolutely livid I took down jean grey but got that ridiculous joke of a hulk for my efforts (not really related, but basically I believe these characters are such bottom of the barrel and the devs know of this divide, so it got me thinking and why not?)

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they had a 100CP token that had a 0% "draw any" 5* rate, I -might- buy it, since then you'd have a 50/50 chance of pulling the new or the old 5*'s. That is similar to 10% ten times that you can draw with the 20CP tokens, which limit which ones they are.

I say I might - I doubt I would. RNG to determine the only way to get the best characters in the game is simply ridiculous, it's hurting the game from the top (when vets get really, really low pulls compared to what they should have, falling behind their team-mates) to the bottom (when 2* rosters have more 5*'s than heavy 4* rosters....putting their MMR/scaling well beyond what it should be, and discouraging anyone who wasn't that lucky).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a different mechanic would be if you had to select X number of 4* and 5* to put in to your token pull. This wa some people who have a maxed covered X-Force but he is not leveled could choose other 4*. In comparison to the op I actually like Miles and Venom as 4*. The big key is to make it so you can get covers you need as well as want. Someone might be willing to sacrafice a good character if they have max covers but not levels. Right now it cost 240k ISO to go from 200-270k. If you don't have enough ISO that 14th token is just 1k ISO. I think that would be worse than a 4* who is not as good who could eventually get buffed.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'd like to see a 15cp token for 4* covers.

would it not be better to buff the weak characters rather than try to limit pulls on tokens?

i also had an idea about being able to pick a cover and work towards it using a different in-game currency. posted it in the forum that no one looks at...
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Haven't they already established good 4*s at 120CP and 5* at 720CP?
  • They ain't ever going to admit there's 4*s that are better then other 4*s.

But.

I wish they split 4*s into Latest and Classic packs like they did the 5*s.

The cheaper packs would have your icon_wolverine.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_thor.pngicon_starlord.png

While the Latest packs would have your icon_miles.pngicon_venom.pngicon_ghostrider.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_hulkcho.png sorts.

People who already got old 4*s maxed would have more reason to go for the newer packs, while players playing catchup on all 4*s in general can get more from the cheaper packs.
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Championing means getting a 4* cover for a maxed 4* has value.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    lpearl wrote:
    Haven't they already established good 4*s at 120CP and 5* at 720CP?

There is nothing good about those rates.

6 covers is always better than 1 4 star cover (unless by some miracle you have 1 single 4 star cover missing and that missing alone)

Just like 36 covers with 4 stars releasing bi-monthly might beat 1 single 5 star cover.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I might pay more (30? 40 CP?) for a LT that gave you an optional mulligan (i.e. if you don't like it you get one redraw). Or, perhaps even better, a LT where 3 covers are drawn and you get to chose one. I definitely would pay more for that.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I want an option to have a token that gives out 4*'s I don't have max covers of (please no more Green x-force or Purple Elektra!). Not personally ready to champion them yet but would like more to be usable.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I wish they would switch the covers to not be color specific. I'm so tired of getting covers for the only maxed color for a character. 4* covers don't rain from the heavens and it sucks to bust your butt in a PVE to get that LT just to open up a Blue 4Thor for my 0/5/5 4Thor.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pay 20CP for a 'good' LT.

Why on earth would I offer to spend more than they're already charging? It's like you've all been screwed over for so long that you don't even think about getting a good deal anymore.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are plenty of ways they could expand the LT range to better cater to different levels of progression, firstly they could rename the current ones with a chance of a 5* to epic tokens and introduce 4* only tokens that would now be called legendary tokens.

The standard 4* pack could cost 16cp and for 24cp you could instead choose a colourless pack where you could pick the colour of the cover once it was drawn, to start out people would go for the cheaper one when volume was more important than specifics and would eventually switch to the dearer one. They should also have featured characters where the current and next essential 4*'s would have a higher droprate.

To be able to keep the 50% increase for colourless, the new prices for epic tokens would be 20 and 24cp (30 and 36 for colourless) if you kept the current types, but rather than just splitting them as latest or legends they could do character packs where you get a 5% chance at one specific character and then 2.5% each for two randoms.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If they had a 100CP token that had a 0% "draw any" 5* rate, I -might- buy it
    Why, when for 20 CP more, you can get the exact cover you want? Spending 100CP for merely a good chance of getting one you need, makes no sense.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    If they had a 100CP token that had a 0% "draw any" 5* rate, I -might- buy it, since then you'd have a 50/50 chance of pulling the new or the old 5*'s. That is similar to 10% ten times that you can draw with the 20CP tokens, which limit which ones they are.

Did you mean a 100% draw rate for a random 5*? Because the way I'm reading this is that you would pay 5 time the cost of a "Classic" Legendary in order to get a token with only 4*.
  • Paying extra CP for a token with a more tailored 4*/5* pool sounds cool and all, but why would they put that in the game?

Would it not render the (seemingly high) 120CP option to whale a characters cover *relatively* useless in the process?

There wouldn't be much point to me spending 120CP to get a specific cover (provided i had the initial 3 first) if I could just get at least 3 covers I would have wanted for my CP.
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Esheris wrote:
    I want an option to have a token that gives out 4*'s I don't have max covers of (please no more Green x-force or Purple Elektra!). Not personally ready to champion them yet but would like more to be usable.

This please. I don't know if my heart can take anymore Invisible Woman, XFW, or Nick Fury token pulls.