mobile to ps4/xbox/steam???

ramoramo86
ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey fellas,

I have been playing MPQ for almost 3 months now and just found out its on PS4/Xbox/PC. Is it possible to import my mobile account to one of those platforms?

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, no. The console versions are completely different versions of the game that's based on older code (so it only has the characters up to Thoress), but it does have versus multiplayer and doesn't have any microtransactions other than 2 pieces of DLC.

The Steam version is the same version as the mobile game, but I believe that account transferring between mobile/steam isn't possible.
  • cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Due to some changes to my circumstances I won't have time/access to play the steam version so contacted support to move it to the mobile platform.

Was told it wouldn't be done, so I've pretty much stopped playing.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    the problem is that steam is a totally different platform. With mobile, you can use facebook save to transfer your data. There is no such equivalent with steam.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    cactusrob wrote:
    Due to some changes to my circumstances I won't have time/access to play the steam version so contacted support to move it to the mobile platform.

Was told it wouldn't be done, so I've pretty much stopped playing.

If you're looking to play mobile games, there are plenty of choices, such as Marvel Future Fight and Marvel Contest of Champions (editor recommended!). For 3-match games you can play Puzzles and Dragons. MtG Puzzle Quest is also available, but it's still buggy and I can't access my content sometimes. :/
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    They CAN and HAVE done it in the past. I had my Steam account moved to mobile and then later had a Steam account merged with my mobile account. It's up to their discretion though. If you politely explain the situation they may reconsider. Or you can plead your case to David [hi-fi] Moore through PM and he may be able to help.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if they only have up to 4thor, wonder if xf and gt are god-mode, pre-nerf versions...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    if they only have up to 4thor, wonder if xf and gt are god-mode, pre-nerf versions...

They've said as much, yes.

They also have Iron Patriot (Norman Osborne) with his old planned moveset on there, too.

I do wish we'll get him sooner or later icon_e_sad.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

They've said as much, yes.

They also have Iron Patriot (Norman Osborne) with his old planned moveset on there, too.

I do wish we'll get him sooner or later icon_e_sad.gif

Are there any screenshots or videos of him to at least see what he looks like?
    A quick google search didn't turn up much, other that articles about the game coming to consoles and a console version specific character selection screen with Lock icons on almost every slot, or him in other games.
    I would have thought people would have posted screenshots or videos using him by now if nothing else than to brag about being able to use him. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Are there any screenshots or videos of him to at least see what he looks like?
    A quick google search didn't turn up much, other that articles about the game coming to consoles and a console version specific character selection screen with Lock icons on almost every slot, or him in other games.
    I would have thought people would have posted screenshots or videos using him by now if nothing else than to brag about being able to use him. icon_e_smile.gif

The best shot I've seen of him has been a sneak pic of a nearly-full character select screen with him in it in tiny head-only icon mode.

And users have confirmed that he has the "leaked" powerset he had from leaks way back when (Dark Avengers Assemble being the only one I care about, and it being roughly what you'd expect)

I don't think a lot of gamer-types are too excited about this game in general, not enough to make videos of all the characters at least, and the people who DO care aren't going to trade in their rosters they spent years and hundreds of dollars on for a 15 dollar chance to build them back up (If faster then before)
  • cactusrob
    They CAN and HAVE done it in the past. I had my Steam account moved to mobile and then later had a Steam account merged with my mobile account. It's up to their discretion though. If you politely explain the situation they may reconsider. Or you can plead your case to David [hi-fi] Moore through PM and he may be able to help.

I was aware they could, but after explaining in the support ticket and just getting rebuffed didn't really feel like fighting the case further. I've paid to support the game in the past, and put in lot of hours; if that isn't worth more than a brief "nope, sorry" I'm not sure if the game is worth continued support.
  • cactusrob
    Thanks for the help Jamie! Really helped.
  • On the XBox version, I have it and honestly I found it boring. The problem I have with it is in versus everyone's character is max level and 5/5/5 (yes its 5/5/5 in the console versions) regardless what their character is in single player. In other words once u unlock a character in single player you can use them in versus at max power. It destroys any desire to play through single player and build up your characters. Everyone starts with Thoress (on Xbox only) so once everyone has XForce that's all pvp will be. I'm truly perplexed at why they made versus this way.