Chandra Removal

I have to give credit to this awesome removal combo that was just used against me in QB:

Act of Treason
Fiery Conclusion

The instant of shock as I watched my Outland Colossus get taken, thinking I'd eat 14 damage, quickly dissipated to absolute respect as it was immediately followed by Fiery Conclusion; I figuratively slow-clapped.

Kudos.

Comments

• I'm impressed the AI was smart enough to actually do this.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    pandabear wrote:
    I'm impressed the AI was smart enough to actually do this.
    Most likely the ai just used all the stuff he could and tha resulted in a good move.
    The opposite happen quite a lot with nissa ai where she use all the cards in hand buffing a single creature to heaven then proceeds with last card to reclaim it XD
  • Morphis wrote:
    pandabear wrote:
    I'm impressed the AI was smart enough to actually do this.
    Most likely the ai just used all the stuff he could and tha resulted in a good move.
    The opposite happen quite a lot with nissa ai where she use all the cards in hand buffing a single creature to heaven then proceeds with last card to reclaim it XD

*Sad trombone*
  • Morphis wrote:
    Most likely the ai just used all the stuff he could and that resulted in a good move.

I have to admit that's how I found out about it icon_lol.gif

Just a lucky card sequence, and hey! Guess who's highlighted as a target?
  • 6 fat packs later and Somehow I'm still missing the fiery conclusion icon_e_sad.gif
  • I've been using this combo ever since the game came out, oldest trick in the book in real life mtg. Helps to get you out of a lot of sticky situations. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Weird thing is that it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time for me. I'll have AoT in first slot and FC in second and do a manared.png match-3: AoT triggers but FC remains disabled. I have had it work once and not work the other 2 times I tried to use the combo. There is something nuanced that I'm missing.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing I can think of is that mana collected during the attack phase (cascades from Sword of the Animist, for example) won't let you cast more spells on your turn. I've been dying to try the combo, but it just hasn't worked out yet.
  • In my case, it's never been SotA, though it is one of my favorite supports. No, I was playing the second Heroic - Jace battle for the Resilient objective, the one where Jace starts with Disciple of the Ring. I used that battle as a testing ground, just quitting until my draw was the combo and a manared.png match-3 or better was on the board.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    This combo also works with Enthralling Victor's power, although it's much more situational, and higher-level PWs hardly ever use 2/X creatures.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    kore wrote:
    Weird thing is that it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time for me. I'll have AoT in first slot and FC in second and do a manared.png match-3: AoT triggers but FC remains disabled. I have had it work once and not work the other 2 times I tried to use the combo. There is something nuanced that I'm missing.
    One thing to remember is that Fiery Conclusion only activates when the opponent still has another creature. So you can only pull this combo off when they have 2+ creatures on the field. You probably knew that, but it will catch me sometimes.
  • loroku wrote:
    kore wrote:
    Weird thing is that it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time for me. I'll have AoT in first slot and FC in second and do a manared.png match-3: AoT triggers but FC remains disabled. I have had it work once and not work the other 2 times I tried to use the combo. There is something nuanced that I'm missing.
    One thing to remember is that Fiery Conclusion only activates when the opponent still has another creature. So you can only pull this combo off when they have 2+ creatures on the field. You probably knew that, but it will catch me sometimes.

No, I didn't think of that. For some reason I thought the damage could be applied to the PW or a creature. Thanks.
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    It would be nice if you could use Fiery Conclusion without having a creature to target. Still, for 5 mana, it's an extremely powerful combo for killing any creature and dealing 5 to another.
  • Thanks, Act of Treason, for getting Renown on my Outland Colossus.