Been playing 10 days, where do i go from here?

Options
Wheresmyspacebar
Wheresmyspacebar Posts: 13
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hey all, new player here.

Ive only been playing 10 days but got the hang of the game quickly, finished top 2 in PVE twice and currently in top 30 in PVP Season (Looking at the Heroic 10pack times 2) and ive been moving quite quickly so far.

Im kinda at the point where im a bit stuck with what to level up now.

My roster is - http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Wheresmyspacebar/

Im currently using mainly Daken/Ares/Storm or subbing in OBW for buffed up events but due to Storm being my only 2* ive got 13 for so far and lvling, she is suddenly being thrust into front position ahead of my more tanky heroes.

Im just wondering what to do ATM with my ISO i get daily.
Im just leveling up as i go, first Daken/Ares/Storm and now ive started leveling Thor/OBW and Captain Marvel.

Whilst im in 2* land, is there anyone i want to be picking up that i havent got yet for 2*s?
Ive had a few 3*s already (Gamora/Rocket) that ive sold for the ISO just to get my 2's up quicker.
Is there any 3*s i particularly want to hang on too ATM with no covers?

I find my Daken/Ares/Storm is working quite well ATM due to them all having a fair few covers but is there a better team that i could be leveling, mainly for PVE purposes?

Thanks for any help people can give icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• AkCrisp
    AkCrisp Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You should hold onto some ISO to level up OBW once you get more covers for her, she's a staple character and very useful in 2->3* transition. After you get her in your team, she does very well with 2* Storm and Ares, even more if she tanks blue for Storm.

As far as 3*s, definitely keep the Thor and Patch covers you already have; once they have enough covers, Thor and Patch can be switched out with Ares and do quite well with OBW. Also keep an eye out on Cyclops 3* and Iron Fist covers.
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also you might want to consider swapping Iron Man 1* for Juggernaut. Once you get 3 or 4 maxed 2* (OBW and Storm are a must and then Ares, Thor and Magneto), I would try to attack the PVE/PVP where the rewards can give you extra covers for your current 3* and build from there.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    10days... its not too late... there are way less frustrating games out there...
  • Wheresmyspacebar
    Options
    AkCrisp wrote:
    You should hold onto some ISO to level up OBW once you get more covers for her, she's a staple character and very useful in 2->3* transition. After you get her in your team, she does very well with 2* Storm and Ares, even more if she tanks blue for Storm.

As far as 3*s, definitely keep the Thor and Patch covers you already have; once they have enough covers, Thor and Patch can be switched out with Ares and do quite well with OBW. Also keep an eye out on Cyclops 3* and Iron Fist covers.

Yeah, ive seen around that OBW is probably the best 2* by far.
    Managed to get another 3-4 covers in last 2 days so im at 11 currently i believe. Just trying to get ISO to lvl her now haha.

4 3* covers in the past 2 days, 2 of them Patch and 1 is Thor 3* so thats a good start haha.

I'll keep an eye out for them 3* covers and carry on leveling OBW.
    Thanks for the help.
    joaoleal wrote:
    Also you might want to consider swapping Iron Man 1* for Juggernaut. Once you get 3 or 4 maxed 2* (OBW and Storm are a must and then Ares, Thor and Magneto), I would try to attack the PVE/PVP where the rewards can give you extra covers for your current 3* and build from there.

At this stage, is there much point in swapping for Jugger?
    Having to get all 10 covers + The ISO seems a drain for him just for Deadpool daily when Iron Man can solo it barely losing hp.

Yeah, got 13 storm now, along with 11 OBW, 11 thor and 12 Ares.

Should i look at dropping Daken from my team?
    ATM im playing with Daken/Ares/Storm because they are my mid 70s compared to OBW at 50 and thor at 60.
    ammenell wrote:
    10days... its not too late... there are way less frustrating games out there...

Had my biggest frustration today.
    Managed to hit the 10 Heroic packs from PVP season finishing 49th and got 9 2* covers and 6 of them were for my 13 cover Storm.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    got 9 2* covers and 6 of them were for my 13 cover Storm.

Welcome to mpq. icon_lol.gif

Also, I didn't notice anyone else mentioning it above, so you should know that there are different "brackets" for vets and beginners. Don't get used to those top finishes in events. Especially pvp. After you win a few more you'll be thrown in with the sharks.

Be careful opening tokens if you don't have the hp to roster new characters. Especially legendary tokens.
  • rafaelagp0
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    got 9 2* covers and 6 of them were for my 13 cover Storm.

Welcome to mpq. icon_lol.gif

Also, I didn't notice anyone else mentioning it above, so you should know that there are different "brackets" for vets and beginners. Don't get used to those top finishes in events. Especially pvp. After you win a few more you'll be thrown in with the sharks.

Be careful opening tokens if you don't have the hp to roster new characters. Especially legendary tokens.

DON'T open legendary tokens, it'll crew up your scaling. unless you just want to sell it for iso...