Awesome token pull, but advice please?

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
OK since Champions began I have had an awesome roll on tokens. At least 30 3* stars and that has been from Standard tokens. KK went from 1/1/1 to 4/2/5 in just over a week, with a greenpeat. Now heroics on the hand had actually been my 2* well, go figure. But lately it's been coughing up fours. At the time of Ghost Rider being introduced I was being crushed by scaling. I had quite a few 4*, and two 5* My mistake for rostering them. At mid-december I decided to dump everything above 3* It helped with scaling, but my draws were horrible, nothing helpful. Now lately I am getting 4* again. Four alone this morning. I have HP for slots but is it worth it? 4* seem to come in dribs and drabs yet. And scaling seems to be back with a vengeance. I grabbed a ten pack just a bit ago and pulled three more 4* yup 7 today alone icon_idea.gificon_rolleyes.gif 2 flaptains 2 MF 1 Thing 2 Ant Man. What ya think? Keep them or dump them, and just build ISO supply and 3*

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    At their initial level, 4*s should not impact your scaling in any meaningful way. Enemy levels will be based on your level 94+ 2* collection. Keep the 4*s in your roster and continue building your 3*s so you can win more of them.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should not sell your 4* ever. Even Totally awsome Hulk or starlord. You are going to want to eventually transition to 4* land and if you wIt to roster them you will be even farther behind. Now whether you put ISO into them is a completely different story. I have 3 max 4* and 6 4* sitting at level 70. I don't have enough covers for them or like TAH, a very low priority. Leveling your 4* is what will mess with your scaling more then having them on your roster.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    CNash wrote:
    At their initial level, 4*s should not impact your scaling in any meaningful way.

I'm with CNash on this. Sounds like you're ahead of me in the 3* transition and I have kept all 4*. Before championing, sometimes one of my 4* would be boosted and end up as the highest level character, skewing scaling. Now that I have 7 2* champions, that doesn't happen since one of them is the highest level. Sometimes, like now in The Gauntlet, they are as far back as 5th highest.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    kaelad wrote:
    Before championing, sometimes one of my 4* would be boosted and end up as the highest level character, skewing scaling. Now that I have 7 2* champions, that doesn't happen since one of them is the highest level. Sometimes, like now in The Gauntlet, they are as far back as 5th highest.

Hmm, hadn't thought of this. Minimum boosted 4* level is now 140, so if you happen to have one that's boosted for a given week and you don't have any of the boosted 2*s maxed out (their max boosted level is 150), they will temporarily be your highest level character and might impact scaling.

However, in practice this will be very limited. A single level 140 character in amongst a group of lv. 94+ characters will only raise the base average to 109.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    OK. That's about what I have been thinking since the new wave of changes. Just wanted some higher thinkers to help me on this rebuild roster. Thanks guys. Much appreciated.