5th Blue Cover for PX worth the cp? (Poll added)

LXSandman
LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm struggling over the decision to either get the 5th blue cover for PX or just buying 6 tokens. It seems like 120 CP is crazy expensive... but the 5th cover for PX is so good...... bahhh

What do you think?

* edit added a poll!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you find yourself wishing you were having an easier time in PvE, yeah, I would go for it. But if you're already doing ok and playing as much PvE as you care to, then don't do it.
  • champ 3mags to 183. theres a px blue. not sure how long youre willing to wait.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    thanos8587 wrote:
    champ 3mags to 183. theres a px blue. not sure how long youre willing to wait.

That's a good point. I had forgotten that the blue cover was the first 4* reward for CMags. I have him at 170 so I would need another 13 covers. Not impossible

Probably not worth then.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    If you already have 4 prof. X blue covers, then you should just wait for the 5th to rotate into a reward slice.

If you have 120cp, you are probably better off buying 6 classic LTs. Those 6 4* or 5* covers will do more for your transition than maxing X blue.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had four blue PX covers for the longest time, finally got my 5th and it has made Gauntlet (and most PVE) pretty ridiculously easy - to the point where I now actually run the hard modes for CP, and never used to.

That said...it's a 5* game now, 4*'s won't do anything for you in the long run. May as well use every chance you can to get that 5*.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Last time Gauntlet came around I completed it using 4 Blue Profx. You have to Hex Bolt a lot more, but it's still works well.
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    ...plus, you never know when a nerf is coming, which would be a swift kick to the pills after spending 720cp.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    120 cp....
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    120 CP is way too much for a single 4 Star cover for any cover, even one of the most powerful 4 to 5 covers of any 4 star character.
    It's so expensive right now it's not even a rational choice IMO. The cost should be somewhere in the 70-75 range really to begin to make it worth considering.

Definitely get the 6 Classic Legendary Tokens.
    Even pulling 1 5 star is totally worth it, even if it's not OML. Every little bit helps...
    And who knows, you may pull a Blue Prof X.
    Cause you know after you buy it directly, the next LT you open will be a Blue Prof X. That's how this game works.