I lose and scaling is going up....what is going on?

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok I am taking on the IF, Blade, Cage node in global domination and have wiped out twice in a row on them. They started at lvl 293 and have gone up three levels each time I LOST??? They are now level 299. I didn't think there was any global scaling in Gauntlet and I thought scaling was supposed to go down when you lost not up? I made no changes to my roster during this time. Anyone else experienced this? It is real frustrating.

Ok, now I have wiped four more times and there has been no decrease in difficulty but scaling has stopped. On a related side note Hulkbombing doesn't work, suggestions?

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Superwhales is probably your only hope. The gauntlet is brutal if you don't have a really good collection of 4*s.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:
    Superwhales is probably your only hope. The gauntlet is brutal if you don't have a really good collection of 4*s.

You're telling me. I don't have any 4*s covered enough to be of use yet and even the very first collection of nodes was an uphill battle. I'm maybe a third of the way through the second part and I'm about to just give up because every battle leaves my team decimated (not to mention that almost every match the AI makes is triggering multiple matches, I kid you not). How am I supposed to get a good collection of 4*s if the game does its best to beat me down in every game mode? Spend money for a very small chance of getting 1/13 of what I need to make a good 4*? No thanks.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Gauntlet is my most hated event. I don't bother with it anymore. My first fight is already at Level 100. No thank you to playing on.
  • rawfsu wrote:
    Gauntlet is my most hated event. I don't bother with it anymore. My first fight is already at Level 100. No thank you to playing on.

You get loaner characters for the first one, the same as most other events.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    Ok I am taking on the IF, Blade, Cage node in global domination and have wiped out twice in a row on them. They started at lvl 293 and have gone up three levels each time I LOST??? They are now level 299. I didn't think there was any global scaling in Gauntlet and I thought scaling was supposed to go down when you lost not up? I made no changes to my roster during this time. Anyone else experienced this? It is real frustrating.

Ok, now I have wiped four more times and there has been no decrease in difficulty but scaling has stopped. On a related side note Hulkbombing doesn't work, suggestions?

Why doesn't Hulkbombing work?

I ran Hulk, Prof X, OBW but if you don't have a prof X that can do the job then run Hulk, KK, She Hulk. Green AP drain for 6 will set off KK's heal to rebuild Hulk. If you ever get enough purple KK can set off another round of cascades, and She Hulk's blue can make IF's tile yours.

Ant Man's blue can also almost be an instant win, as IF will generate a tile for you to steal each round. 3 or 4 of those babies makes the match fairly trivial.