Fix the Health Penalty for App Crashes?

Since the app is often unreliable (crashes at least once a day on my Galaxy S6) is there a way to avoid the steep health penalty that comes with the game treating it like a retreat?

I realize that the idea is to prevent people from bailing on fights, but could you remove the penalty if no moves have been made? Seems like a fair solution that would prevent this unfair tax on app performance.

Comments

• If you let people crash the app without making moves you could just keep reloading until you get a favorable board, e.g. one with a match 5.

I agree that the app crashing as often as it does is pretty frustrating. I've noticed it seems to happen to me if my network changes while I'm playing. Like if I'm playing on the bus and get close to a wifi, when my phone switches onto wifi it will crash the app. So I either disable my wifi if I'm moving, or just don't play if I don't trust my connection.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    The problem is from a server-side point of view, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to detect the difference of a client crash versus a force exit.

Since both Android and iPhone allow you to force quit an app (or power down the phone), how would the server-side be able to detect the difference?

I understand how frustrating it can be - last year during the R75 release I was completely unable to play for almost a month due to a crash bug.

I don't see how this request could possibly be coded fairly without opening it to abuse.