How does Gauntlet scale for you?

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I dont remember it going this high this fast. Just now I beat round 22 and had an increase in levels from 215 to 251.

Besides 13 "maxed" 3*s (167-171 in levels) I have 3 pretty much useless 5*s at 255 with 1-2 covers. OML is even worse than useless due to him having redflag.pngblackflag.png but no yellowflag.png .

Anyone with similar scaling that can tell me what levels I can expect near the end would be much appreciated.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm almost through the mainlines, only the last node left and my nodes have gone up, but they're capped toward the end - most of the third sub is static for me at level 326 (character nodes - a goon node shows 395). my top characters are 271/255/255/255/250/180/180.... boosted characters are 364 hb, 334 ice, 274 mags, 255, 255, 250... avg of top 3 is 324 and my character nodes top out at 326. not sure how it works, but my nodes 22/23 are at level 307/308 looking back, but they weren't that high when I made my pass through, so they do increase up to some maximum. not sure what that maximum is based on, but it might be the avg of your top 3 boosted characters. cmags, patch, grocket boosted might influence that (or mostorm, pun, or if you're iso-rich, qs).
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Well for me, I'm finding it excessive, and I fear its because I recently (prior to starting Gauntlet) brought Hulkbuster up to level 200, making my top 3 two 5* at 255, and Hulkbuster @200, with a solid backbone of champed 3*, so the average of my top 3 is 237.

Am currently up to Simulation 39 which is rated 'Hard' with level 319 Jean/Hulkbuster/Thor who have just whupped my butt every single time (any single power firing will at a min nuke half the health from one of my guys if it doesn't KO them, if its an AOE, everyones health drops by half or they all just die).

For the nodes prior to this, for comparison:

Simulation 01 has Cpt Marvel, RHulk & HT at lvl 100
    Simulation 14 has Bullseye, Spiderman, IF at lvl 181
    Simulation 15 has Loki, Mystique & Magneto at lvl 209
    Simulation 28 has Blade, Wolverine & Nova at lvl 285
    Simulation 29 has Carrier & Horror lvl 290 and Mutation at lvl 290
    Simulation 39 has Jean, Hulkbuster & Thor at lvl 319

Any tips on beating this trio (and any other nasty combos coming up) much appreciated icon_e_smile.gif

I guess my issue is if this was PvP I would not be taking on champed 4*, even lvl 270 JeanBusters I skip, cause I know they're going to kill me good with my 3* team, but in PvE this is just considered "hard"... not even "deadly" icon_neutral.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Just finished it all:

3 Lvl 255 5*s (2 or 3 covers), Cmags 171->265, Grocket 174->249, Patch 168->242, IMHB 150->240. The rest below 200 even if boosted.

Sim 14: 182 (last of Wilderness)
    Sim 15: 209 (1st of Alpine)
    Sim 28: 285 (last of Alpine)
    Sim 29: 357 (??? don't know why)
    Sims 30+: 326
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Am currently up to Simulation 39 which is rated 'Hard' with level 319 Jean/Hulkbuster/Thor who have just whupped my butt every single time ... Any tips on beating this trio (and any other nasty combos coming up) much appreciated icon_e_smile.gif
    3 thoughts, depending on roster availability:

1) PX/GSBW/Spidey. Stun Jean before starting to roll.
    2) KK/MoStorm/Spidey. Stun Jean before starting to roll.
    3) Super Whales.

I'm really in love with KK/MoStorm right now. Works as well as PX/GSBW, and is especially good paired with a monster boosted CMags. Just don't use MoStorm's Black so you can keep looping. (granted it's a little slower due to less damage, but equally "infinite" and reliable, imo)
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I definitely don't understand Gauntlet scaling. My 4 highest characters (all boosted) are 240, 196, 176, 175. Just got to Jeanbuster node & they're all 281. What is that? Is this a "Supposed to lose" event?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I had to use superwhales twice in the second gauntlet to finish and get the rocket/groot cover. This is the first time I had to do that. Biggest difference is my three 5*s. I'm waiting for the fix but I hate to say I might have to sell them. The game has gotten a ton harder since I got them and they aren't even really all that useable yet.

It was on sim 28 Blade Patch and Nova all level 285 and the second magneto essential with Red Hulk and Cyclops at 254 and Thor at 253. No chance on either of those without good ole Deadpool.
  • Sabrecat
    Sabrecat Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    1) PX/GSBW/Spidey. Stun Jean before starting to roll.
    2) KK/MoStorm/Spidey. Stun Jean before starting to roll.
    3) Super Whales.

I'm really in love with KK/MoStorm right now. Works as well as PX/GSBW, and is especially good paired with a monster boosted CMags. Just don't use MoStorm's Black so you can keep looping. (granted it's a little slower due to less damage, but equally "infinite" and reliable, imo)

Forgive me, I'm a little dense. So KK's pink feeds Storm's Green, which hopefully feeds something else? Anything more to it?
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Sabrecat wrote:
    Forgive me, I'm a little dense. So KK's pink feeds Storm's Green, which hopefully feeds something else? Anything more to it?
    That's pretty much it, Storm fires her green, generating a heap of AP and (ideally) cascades, which generates more AP, and also fires KK's heal. I found you'd gen enough Green/Yellow (Storm) or Purple (KK) AP to fire one of them again and hopefully get another cascade, rinse & repeat.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    capped at 326 in last zone. At first only the last nodes were at their cap, but after beating it all now all nodes are like that=) So i guess i will only grind for CPs.
    My best chars are CMags/Rocket and Groot/255 5*
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just impossible for anyone who hasn't been playing this game for years. I started playing MPQ 2 months ago and this is now the second event in a row that I can't really participate in: couldn't join Galactus as no Alliance wants a newbie and The Gauntlet doesn't let you get very far with only 3 Lv 100 characters.

Reading these boards, it looks like seasoned players don't enjoy this event as the rewards aren't high enough, while new players can't achieve anything. So who is this event for? At least you could play some Prologue matches again to get some Iso, but that's no longer possible now (thanks D3 for trying to squeeze more money out of players)

I played several hours a day, but now that I can only play Deadpool (if I'm lucky enough to have a required character), I don't see any reason to keep playing this game icon_e_sad.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Alfje17 wrote:
    Just impossible for anyone who hasn't been playing this game for years. I started playing MPQ 2 months ago and this is now the second event in a row that I can't really participate in: couldn't join Galactus as no Alliance wants a newbie and The Gauntlet doesn't let you get very far with only 3 Lv 100 characters.

Reading these boards, it looks like seasoned players don't enjoy this event as the rewards aren't high enough, while new players can't achieve anything. So who is this event for? At least you could play some Prologue matches again to get some Iso, but that's no longer possible now (thanks D3 for trying to squeeze more money out of players)

I played several hours a day, but now that I can only play Deadpool (if I'm lucky enough to have a required character), I don't see any reason to keep playing this game icon_e_sad.gif

The Gauntlet is a great measure of roster development. I've just finished the entire main line for the first time ever.

It sounds like the Venom: Heroic event will start tomorrow, so you should be able to play it. In the meantime, trying a few PvP matches in the Shield Simulator will be a good way to pick up some covers and ISO - and if you draw a fresh bracket, you'll get a lot tomorrow morning.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 wrote:

Why couldn't you join Galactus? You just find a random public Alliance with less than 20 players in it and start the event. There was absolutely no barrier there.

And no the Gauntlet isn't kind, it isn't meant to be. People asked for a PvE that was really difficult to complete but had guaranteed rewards and didn't require grinding like a madman every 8 hours. Enter the Gauntlet... (PvE was since modified so it requires a little play every 8 hours and intense grinding every 24)

And this event is for people with strong, varied rosters. It's actually a favourite of a lot of players. You need to take complaints on here with a large dose of salt because people are always more vocal in their disapproval than their approval of anything. The fights are meant to be incredibly challenging. Some people love a challange and some people shinge and moan that they are facing a challenge.

But if you compare the whining on here now to, say the number of complaints when Galactus scaled wrong, you can see the difference between one or two disgruntled players and a section of the fanbase being angry. (and even with Galactus, it was only Alliances that got past round 6 that really experienced the issue, so a minor fraction of the whole playerbase was even affected).

You can play 3 of the Deadpool nodes without the required character, he is only required for two of the nodes. And there is always at least one PvP event running.

As for prologue ISO, the devs ran some numbers a while back on how many nodes players actually cleared of rewards in the prologue and the result was 'not many'. While they removed the ability to replay infinitely they did add 140 ISO to every node that had multiple rewards. That's a serious increase in total ISO handed out for most players for a reduced time investment. Not normally considered a 'money grab'.
  • Alfje17 wrote:

I've managed to clear the Gauntlet (all the mainline missions, at least) with a roster of 94s before.

Mainly using 3* Cap (Fully covered, but level capped at 95), 2* Mags, and 3* Featured Boosted Undercovered Mystique (for tanking, and using black sometimes I guess)

It's totally possible to clear with characters under level 100, but having diversity really helps!

I just made the 166 jump and this last node is where I'm stuck at for now. Should be interesting, trying to clear it.
  • Using level 102 2* Thor,mag,storm,torch. I'm on level 35. Enemy at level 176. Using raging tempest to get through most levels but I'm pouring through health packs.