any word on what's happening with this broken blue PvP?

Options
loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The brackets are messed up, the prizes don't show correctly, there's no timer (when does it even end? Tonight?), people keep getting their progress reset, etc., etc. - it's a mess, we know. Any word from anywhere on what's happening? Any acknowledgement that it's going on that anyone has seen? I'm pretty sure they're not going to fix it in time (no idea how they'd even fix it) but a word or two from a community manager saying anything would be nice.

Update:
The game has a new "activity hub" story that says they know it's messed up and to check their FAQ. The provided link says they know it's broken for some people (apparently not all!) and it shouldn't be an issue after this event, and they'll work on compensation for those of us affected.

Comments

• They're working on it. It'll get fixed. Eventually. I hope.
  • I have the same concern, they were pretty vocal and active during the white pvp event about stuff, now they are all silent and pvp is super borked
  • paralistalon
    Options
    I'm all kinds of confused. It worked pretty well for the first round, except for the unfairness surrounding ribbon rewards and the frequent crashes.
  • I haven't noticed anything. I'm second in my shard and it's never reset me or any of the players around my level. The timer is working fine too.
  • finished out January in 2nd or 3rd place (not sure how it ended cause the stats where gone when I logged back in) ... then first day February timer ends with me somewhere near 11th ... and here 2 days later and still no prize ...
  • I just hope they will fix it until Monday. I don't care too much for the upcoming green event but next week it will be red, black and colorless and I want rares/mythics from that events for sure.
  • loroku
    Options
    cheveedodd wrote:
    I haven't noticed anything. I'm second in my shard and it's never reset me or any of the players around my level. The timer is working fine too.
    Wow, you are lucky!

I just noticed the game has a new "activity hub" story that says they know it's messed up and to check their FAQ. The provided link says they know it's broken for some people (apparently not all!) and it shouldn't be an issue after this event, and they'll work on compensation for those of us affected.

Link to FAQ:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... te-2-5-16-
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've got a fix ready, so they've been working on the issue. The bigger concern to me is that the game seems to crash a lot now. I haven't played enough to be affected by it, but there are plenty of people ready to storm the PVP event and can't because they keep crashing every few matches.
  • loroku
    Options
    The bigger concern to me is that the game seems to crash a lot now. I haven't played enough to be affected by it, but there are plenty of people ready to storm the PVP event and can't because they keep crashing every few matches.
    Sadly, that's a notoriously tricky thing to fix. For example, I've only had the game crash during a match once so far, even since the patch. Since it's so inconsistent it's nearly impossible to diagnose. I'm not minimizing the problem - just saying it may take even longer to fix, unfortunately.

To anyone with crashing issues, my only advice is to try to make sure nothing else is running in the background so you have the maximum amount of memory possible allocated to this game, and see if that helps at all. That won't fix bad code, but it might buy you a little more time.
  • loroku wrote:
    The provided link says they know it's broken for some people (apparently not all!) and it shouldn't be an issue after this event, and they'll work on compensation for those of us affected.

Link to FAQ:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... te-2-5-16-

English is not my native language but I don't think that's what the so named faq is saying. Honestly I'm not sure what this fix will do. I guess it will just prevent the rank 5000 issue where it says you have no wins and loses.

Not sure if the point setback to 3 and the different ladder sices (20k vs 6) already will be addressed. Can someone with better English knowledge enlighten me?
  • loroku
    Options
    Nerimos wrote:
    English is not my native language but I don't think that's what the so named faq is saying. Honestly I'm not sure what this fix will do. I guess it will just prevent the rank 5000 issue where it says you have no wins and loses.

Not sure if the point setback to 3 and the different ladder sices (20k vs 6) already will be addressed. Can someone with better English knowledge enlighten me?
    "it will just prevent the rank 5000 issue" - That is a good summary of the first paragraph.

However, it won't be fixed for this blue PvP event, so all of us affected will finish "rank 5000." They are working on "compensation," but it's anyone's guess as to what that will entail. I do not believe the point setback and ladder slices will be addressed directly, but rather everyone will likely receive some sort of blanket reward, possibly reflective of their scores (or not).

Personally, I would have tried harder during this event had I thought my effort would have any effect on the outcome, but it's not really a big deal either way. I'm sure people who did try hard would also be frustrated if their work wasn't proportionally rewarded. It's unfortunate either way.
  • buffbeardo
    Options
    Unfortunate is currently the definition of this game.
  • loroku
    Options
    buffbeardo wrote:
    Unfortunate is currently the definition of this game.
    Yeah, I think they just released 2 months too soon (maybe more). I mean, some of this stuff is like, alpha-level problems, but if this were a beta I think people would be more forgiving. As it is, there's a pretty solid core game in there, but very little content, mediocre UI, and a massive heap of bugs. I know most games hit the ground a little rough these days, but... this is particularly rough.
  • I didn't have so many problems. Finished 22nd, got my Harbinger.