One major issue remains

Shadow
Shadow Posts: 155
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It seems that the devs are on a roll with the latest changes with regards to the 20 iso and the change of 1300 progression to 25cp. However, I don't really care for those changes as much as the 1 issue that needs some serious addressing. The acquisition of 5* covers is too luck dependent.

I've seen people who only have max 3*s but no max 4*s running 5*s with as many as 10 covers. I have 8 championed 4*s but my best 5* has no more than 5 covers. There's just no way I'm going to make an attempt on a level 405 5* with my roster even though it is a very matured roster. Iceman, Jean, Cyclops, HB are all championed.

At this point, many vets who haven't had much luck have already chosen to call it quits. I hope that the devs address this issue sooner rather than later before all that remains are the super whales and those who have good luck with their draws.

Keep up the good work but please also address this issue which has become a major pain.

Comments

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed 100%. Way too random. Victim of low percentage pulls / refusal to spend half a years salary on the game syndrome. Place top 5/10 every pvp, top 100 most pve. Get most leg tokens available plus some from cp/alliance spending/etc. No usable 5* yet. Was actually supposed a cover from CS due to a ticket I'd sent and still nothing. Why roster/level 4* anymore? That's the big releases coming out, but they're basically being rendered useless.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind 5*s being luck dependent. That's how it should be. I do mind that they can be bought, despite assurances originally that this would not be the case.

I'm pretty sure gameplay wise they probably realize this was a mistake. Although I keep imagining the bean counters randomly yelling "straight cash homey" throughout the day.

Lastly, I love the idea brought up by ppl much smarter of a combo beaker. If you don't pull a 5* within 20 straight pulls, the 21st is guaranteed to be OML...errr....I mean a 5*.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I guess everything in the game is luck dependent, so nothing really new. Guess it's just annoying that the new tier is so OP. When I was at the 3* stage, I'd sometimes take on high level 4* with the low chance of winning, more so when weekly boosts started. Try taking on a high level 5* team with max 4*. It's impossible. I think that's the frustrating part. Before, you'd hit a wall, but at least you could climb it. Now it's a wall with snipers on top ready to kill if you dare climb. Feel like there's no progress.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I was doing a VS event and trying to get to 1000 pts and found 2 nodes with 3 5*s at 500+ level. I managed to beat them both using charlies angels. I mainly did it to try to get a team up but didn't.

It was honestly the most satisfying win I think I have ever had and 2 in a row to boot.
  • THAT is your "one issue that remains"?!?!?!?
    3* IRON MAN???
    There are at least 3 or 4 characters that are still broderline worthless, and they chose to "fix" one: Quicksilver.
    How many times did people ask for the 20iso "reward" to die, before they listened?
    I have a feeling Iron Man being fixed has been requested just about as many times...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thamanator wrote:
    THAT is your "one issue that remains"?!?!?!?
    3* IRON MAN???
    There are at least 3 or 4 characters that are still broderline worthless, and they chose to "fix" one: Quicksilver.
    How many times did people ask for the 20iso "reward" to die, before they listened?
    I have a feeling Iron Man being fixed has been requested just about as many times...
    Amazingly enough I use 3* IM at 5,5,3 (yes I have 3 yellows covers) as one of my top PVE teams. I run him with 4Thor and King Pin. KP accelerates recharge, and recharge accelerates 4Thor for massive damage. He has enough health for multiple matches. Could he be better sure, but he is still useful.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Thamanator wrote:
    THAT is your "one issue that remains"?!?!?!?
    3* IRON MAN???

I think they are going to attempt to fix him. They've hinted at it, at least. I imagine in the next season we'll see it.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Shadow wrote:
    It seems that the devs are on a roll with the latest changes with regards to the 20 iso and the change of 1300 progression to 25cp. However, I don't really care for those changes as much as the 1 issue that needs some serious addressing. The acquisition of 5* covers is too luck dependent.

I've seen people who only have max 3*s but no max 4*s running 5*s with as many as 10 covers. I have 8 championed 4*s but my best 5* has no more than 5 covers. There's just no way I'm going to make an attempt on a level 405 5* with my roster even though it is a very matured roster. Iceman, Jean, Cyclops, HB are all championed.

In regards to luck, I haven't pulled many of the better 4*s like you have. I seem to be great at pulling X-force, Invisible Woman, Nick Fury, Elektra, Totally Amazing Hulk and Mr Fantastic (etc) though. Your luck seems to be much better. I think the problem is that 5*s can't be bought, not that it involves luck. The game has always involved luck for free to play players. The 5* realm just nudges those who pay into the same position.

More legendaries are available through championing, and 4*s got a huge boost. I think this will lessen the impact of luck in the 5* realm.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    The OP is so right. So very, very right.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s and the iso shortage is nearly the only 2 things left on my list. yes im40 could use an update, but I'd rather them address the rng nature of the game and the iso shortage. if they change im40, hope I hear about it in the next 5 day - have a yellow cover in queue.