1300 progress now 25CP?

Helen keller
Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
... Lots of love today, 20 ISO gone and now 25cp instead of LT? I'm smitten...

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Damnit, Hellen there's a thread right at the top here about 25cp! Open your eyes!.....oh, my bad.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe I'm a dingbat but...why is 25CP a better reward than a legendary? Other than being able to do more with it, I guess...

Doesn't matter to me either way though, I suppose. I count myself lucky if I hit 1000 these days.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I think it gives more flexibility

Those that want to get a specific cover can hold the cp for a couple events to get 120

Those that want the newest 5 star can get the newest legendary like it is now

Those that want to build older 5s basically get a bonus token every 5 events if they buy the 20cp legendary instead of the 25

I think that covers the basics
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than being able to do more with it, I guess...
    That's the whole reason it's better. It's up to you if you want to spend it on a Latest Legends token, a Classic Legends token, or something else entirely.
    I wonder if this change will be applied to PvE and DDQ legendary tokens too...
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    This makes me very happy. Oml will move to classic soon. And i would rather finish off ss and oml than get any new 5*. Before the only way to really cover classics was to join buyers clubs or something, or cross your fingers for the one token worth of cp you might earn in a season
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    While a quite positive change, it is a bit puzzling. Why change this reward, which is by the very mechanics of the metagame walled to all but the most veteran/whaley instead of changing the last PVE progression reward which is available to even day-1 players?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    While a quite positive change, it is a bit puzzling. Why change this reward, which is by the very mechanics of the metagame walled to all but the most veteran/whaley instead of changing the last PVE progression reward which is available to even day-1 players?
    Do we have confirmation that they are not changing the PvE reward as well?
  • Pylgrim wrote:

They've neither denied nor confirmed this happening. Why not wait until we see the next PvE before galloping to judgement.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe I'm a dingbat but...why is 25CP a better reward than a legendary? Other than being able to do more with it, I guess...

Doesn't matter to me either way though, I suppose. I count myself lucky if I hit 1000 these days.
    its better because most of us have SS as our most covered and oml as our second most covered. currently ss is only on classics, which can only bet had with cp, but with 20 cp, so, especially after OML moves, classics will be the preferred LT to use, unless of course you already have a 10 cover OML and are ready to move on to the new ones. most of us would prefer to get 1 usable 5* going rather than get 5-6 characters with scattered covers and none usable. so this gives 1.2 tokens of our desired version instead of 1 of our less desired version. this week's changes are some of the most positive I can remember. I'd probably rank ddq ahead, but its right up there with lowering the cost of 3* leveling. this one is less impactful than the 20iso thing, but for the top of the playerbase, its wonderful!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's not forget that CP is becoming the currency of the game, 25 CP per event can add up fast!!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    For anyone who missed it, they made an announcement.

They're replacing the Progression Legendary Token rewards for PVE, PVP, and the Season with CP. Since it's not specifically mentioned, I assume they're leaving the others LTs.

It's a good change, honestly. From what I've seen, actually maxed 5* are few and far between. Some of us (myself included) like to concentrate on building what we have rather than chasing the new shiny.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    Damnit, Hellen there's a thread right at the top here about 25cp! Open your eyes!.....oh, my bad.

Thanks for this....now I need a new keyboard after spitting out my water laughing......