Scaling in Gauntlet

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I am doing the Wilderness Gauntlet, the easy one, and I am not half way through and fighting teams at lvl 150. Most of my roster is only lvl 166 and I never remember the Wilderness Gauntlet scaling so quickly before. I actually am taking considerable damage when this one use to always be a cake walk. I do have Mags and Grocket boosted but I have had boosted characters in the Gauntlet before too. Perhaps my memory is way off but I wanted to know if anyone else thought the "easy" Gauntlet was more difficult than before?

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    The "easy" nodes in the Gauntlet are definitely harder than in previous runs. But the good news is that (at least for me), the hard nodes are easier. The last two runs I had multiple 395 nodes, despite having no/few characters above 166 (240 boosted). This time I have characters boosted 300+, and no node higher than 326.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    The "easy" nodes in the Gauntlet are definitely harder than in previous runs. But the good news is that (at least for me), the hard nodes are easier. The last two runs I had multiple 395 nodes, despite having no/few characters above 166 (240 boosted). This time I have characters boosted 300+, and no node higher than 326.

Ok great, that is ok with me if they leveled it out. I was beginning to worry about facing unbeatable nodes once I reached the "hard" Gauntlet.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forget what the strat is...do you do the main line first, required second? Or vice versa?

I remember running into a couple of 395 groups last time and was lucky enough to stomp them without deadpool (since one was Thoress, X-pool and X-wolf)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you using your A team straight off the bat? To minimise scaling, you're meant to use lower levels teams and scale them up slowly as the nodes become harder.

For me, I cleared the first sub with blade, daken and iron fist. Daken isn't even at max level (140). Probably best if you aim to stick with 2* teams.
    The second sub is when I used scarlet witch, grey suit black widow and professor x. Again, professor x is soft capped at 170.
    Then the last sub, I finally bring my A teams of maxed IMHB, iceman (level 260)/jean (level 180)/Iront first/hood.

Simulation 42 (last node of the main path) is only level 326. Same goes for the 3 essentials. I remember previous runs, I would already be fighting against level 360s by the time I got to simulation 36 and the last 3 essentials will be 395s.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I forget what the strat is...do you do the main line first, required second? Or vice versa?

I remember running into a couple of 395 groups last time and was lucky enough to stomp them without deadpool (since one was Thoress, X-pool and X-wolf)

Unlike previous runs, every node in "Global Domination" was the same level for me (in my case, 326). They didn't start "low" and scale up. They didn't go up after completing them. They just stayed 326 the whole way through -- so in this case, no special strategy necessary. (326 is very close to, but not quite, the average level of my three highest characters -- Buster, Ice, and CMags -- after boosts, so go figure on that.)