No Holds Barred Elite (How to Advance?)

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've worked my way up to rank 5 on a current elite, but can only gain 1 point for anyone I want to challenge now. I haven't played for a couple days to see if that would rebuild the points, but nothing. Ranks 1-4 are still amassing points at a rapid pace. What am I not understanding?

Comments

• Step 1: constantly watch the leaderboard
    Step 2: If anyone who is worth any points to you breaks their shield and you see it, immediately start skipping matches like mad until you get the team you desire on one of the nodes
    Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 until you have 2 or 3 good matches queued up
    Step 4: Using boosts, fight your queued matches as quickly as possible.
    Step 5: Shield up, go to step 1.

The problem is that all of us in the top 4 did this so aggressively earlier in the tournament without anyone else keeping pace, that now no other fights are worth more than 1 point for us. I am in 4th place right now, and if everyone above me is content with their current position (which they should be) Then I will be locked out of advancing. There has been basically no movement in the leaderboard for the last 20 hours. I decided to sleep last night rather than stay up watching the leaderboard, and it lost me 3rd place, probably.
  • Rango,
    I'm right below you on the leaderboard (nibleheim) and haven't been able to advance at all. I was 200 points behind walkyourpath when I had to stop because I was getting the 1 point per match garbage. I understand your methods as I use the same tactics, but it seems majorly flawed that I'd be stuck in 5th place because the only people I'm able to battle that're worth any points are the people above me. That literally makes it impossible for lower levels to advance and have a shot at winning any tournament.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Sukit wrote:
    I'm right below you on the leaderboard (nibleheim)

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't believe that it looks like doombot has managed to get a top 3. What a hero.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Indeed. He's gotta be leaning into that Hulk a lot.

Haven't been watching the leaderboard that much... How's the hp-sheild-spending going up there? Given that people are 2k+ I'm guessing it's been brutal on the top 4's hp-stash.

Cheers.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sukit wrote:
    Rango,
    I'm right below you on the leaderboard (nibleheim) and haven't been able to advance at all.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just out of curiosity, how much are you all spending per day on this?