Toy Box event idea

Options
ryangarcia
ryangarcia Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Today's Hulkbuster bug was a lot of fun. I know it had balancing issues and the fix is already out, but having a level 430 Hulkbuster tear through some fights was, well, a blast. As a friend said, "It made me feel like a real superhero."

That made me think that a new standalone event might be fun to implement. I call it Toy Box.

Imagine that you enter a weekly event where you will fight a team of level 270 characters but you are given a single 4* character boosted to level 430 (or 450 because that's nice and round). You can pick the other two slots but the 4* is fixed. It's a brutal fight but, yeah, you're expected to win. And maybe you get a little ISO at the end. Or a token. Or eight 5* covers. Whatever.

The point wouldn't be a progression reward or making it into a long drawn out event. The point is to have fun in a single, focused fight where you're expected to win with a character you'll never have (a superduperboosted 4*). You will destroy the enemy. You will feel like an actual Asgardian while doing so. You will build up 30 red AP just to Hulkbuster punch a guy for 60k damage (even though he has 2,000 hit points left) JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN. You will feel above the game for just a moment.

This isn't unprecedented. The tutorial mission in The Force Unleashed had you play a super powerful Darth Vader to teach you the mechanics. Here, it wouldn't be a teaching moment, but it would be a fun way to taste all that power and maybe provide an incentive to keep building to a more powerful team. You may not get to own a 450 4*, but having more powerful characters work in concert could be pretty cool too.