Nice change to the Gauntlet node rewards!

Bossblack
Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have noticed the nodes on the Gauntlet missions now have 7 rewards instead of 4. It will probably reduce the chance of getting 20 ISOs when you grind for rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:
    I have noticed the nodes on the Gauntlet missions now have 7 rewards instead of 4. It will probably reduce the chance of getting 20 ISOs when you grind for rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Nah, it just means 20 iso will be a bigger taunt to you when you are still on 1/7.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:
    Not unless they also changed the system where the chance of 20 ISO is always 50% after the first time...
    But hey, that might have changed, and it's definitely nice to have more reason to play through those nodes again.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's OK for nodes that don't give out CP.

If the regular PVEs have 7 possible rewards on the CP nodes too, plus the 50% chance of 20 ISO (which in reality is more like a 85% chance) I will personally send the devs something burning and smelly.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    This change would've been good if the extra three rewards were good. It's now even less likely you'll get the top Iso reward and more likely you'll get the lower value one. They've essentially reduced the flow of Iso into the game. icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: If indeed the 20 Iso is now a relic the added rewards are definitely a boon.
  • Bossblack
    I have noticed on the last node it only has 2 rewards, 1 CP and 1x 500 ISO. All other nodes have 7 rewards.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    It's all well and good that they added these rewards. But really, who grinds the Gauntlet?
  • Bossblack
    avs962 wrote:
    It's all well and good that they added these rewards. But really, who grinds the Gauntlet?

I would for the easy nodes just to get ISO... icon_lol.gif
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Little disappointed in the lack of command points so far...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    avs962 wrote:
    People who'd rather get some ISO than complain about not having ISO, I guess...
  • You guys do know that you get all the rewards now, no 50%, no 20 iso icon_e_smile.gif
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    avs962 wrote:
    People who'd rather get some ISO than complain about not having ISO, I guess...

That's valid, and now that I know the nodes give all rewards without 20 iso I understand a little more why. But I know I'd rather complain than do 3x395 battles for 250 iso icon_lol.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    You guys do know that you get all the rewards now, no 50%, no 20 iso icon_e_smile.gif

Confirmed. 20 ISO is dead, at least for this event. Why they wouldn't announce this change from the rooftops via screaming albino gorillas is beyond me, but rejoice!! NO MORE 20 ISO BOOBY PRIZE!!!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    You guys do know that you get all the rewards now, no 50%, no 20 iso icon_e_smile.gif

Confirmed. 20 ISO is dead, at least for this event. Why they wouldn't announce this change from the rooftops via screaming albino gorillas is beyond me, but rejoice!! NO MORE 20 ISO BOOBY PRIZE!!!

Any yet, somehow, the critical boost reward survives. You were thisclose D3. It's a welcome change, no doubt, but you missed an obvious change to make it even better.