anyone else rank "5000"?

loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I played 1 PvP game on the new event last night and won, and I am "rank 5000" according to the summary screen, with no wins/losses. When I check the leaderboard I was 3000+ with 3 ribbons and now today I'm 12000+ with 0 ribbons! Anyone else get their ribbons tossed?

It also lists my prize as the rank 1 to 5 - which isn't even a real rank. Very weird.

Edit: Just won another game and now I'm rank 6000+ with 3 ribbons (instead of 6), and still the same broken screen with no stats. Anyone else?

Comments

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    I got my scores tossed out as well. I don't think I'll be competing in this particular iteration of the contest. I don't want "packs" or the guarantee that my pack will contain an uncommon. I want specific cards.

The "Rank 1 to 5" is actually a link. If you press it and scroll down, you can see all of the various prize brackets.

They seem to be changing the rules of the contest mid-stream, and every time they make a change, it looks like the scores all reset. Or something like that.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the first PvP, the "Rank X through Y" WAS your prize. It changed when you changed ranks. But more importantly: there is no "Rank 1 through 5" reward! The prize it shows is not obtainable - it's like it is linking to an old version of the prizes.

I said this in another thread, but I am 99% sure this is just a bug. There's no way they would change the rules this drastically - especially to something so incomprehensible. I'm guessing the hot fix to make all battles award 3 ribbons broke something else and they're trying to fix it. It just means the first blue PvP is borked.