I’m a little worried about The Gauntlet.

TheSeven
TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is this the first gauntlet since Silver Surfer was released?

I’ve done well on Gauntlets in the past, but with the advent of 5 star characters (and, quite frankly, with the number of 4 stars out there now), I worry it may have outgrown my mostly 3 star roster.

Would it even be possible to beat a 5 star team with a 3 star team?

SS, OML, JG vs. ????, ????, ????

The developers could be really mean if they wanted to. Even the bonus 5 star scaling should make things interesting enough this go around.

Comments

• smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The Seven wrote:
    Is this the first gauntlet since Silver Surfer was released?

[...]
    In the previous Gauntlet I had already OML, so it has to be at least second run.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Your assuming the event works!

With Galactus scaling into the 600's, Lightning Rounds & PvP's offering no rewards, I'm not so sure.

Can expect this from a project just out of beta - not from a product that has been released for over 2 years.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Only d3 would be that stingy and hand out a single 4star reward behind a full fledged 5star node. icon_razz.gif
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    Only d3 would be that stingy and hand out a single 4star reward behind a full fledged 5star node. icon_razz.gif

Hell, they finished one of them with Bombing Ultron/Loki/She Hulk for a single 4*. I am not expecting this to be possible!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least when it comes to higher awards, the gauntlet does seem rather stingy especially since you can only get the top rewards with all essentials rather than from the core path.
  • Yeah, I didn't bother playing the last run at all because I didn't have the essential 4*. Was super disappointing after the excitement of seeing it returning...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I'll play it either way...nothing better than PVE events you can play at your own pace and leisure.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Last time I stalled in the third sub before the first intersection. The Gauntlet before that (when I didn't yet have the 5-stars breaking my scaling) I made it very close to the end (hit the wall on the second to last node of XDP+LukeCage+IronFist).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Hulkbuster buffed to God-tier, I expect full 5* nodes in the third sub, yes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    With Hulkbuster buffed to God-tier, I expect full 5* nodes in the third sub, yes.
    And Iceman and Classic Cyclops gets the weekly 4* buff, so it's very possible to run a stupid powerful 4* team if you want to.
  • I don't have any of the decent 4*'s at a reasonable level, and my classic mags has 1 cover... so this will be a challenge with my otherwise decent 3* roster!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    No matter how advanced my roster is, I always fizzle out somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I've never actually beaten gauntlet. If it's just for a single 4*, it seems like a lot of work for prizes I could simply win elsewhere. Anyway we'll see. It's nice not to feel the pressure to play pve much, but it's tough to have low iso opportunities.
  • My scaling is already getting horrible on the 5th from last node on the first location. But I'm used to not being able to do **** in Guantlet. I use it to test different teams I'd never use otherwise. No way am I wasting all my boosts and health pack stockpile for 1 X23 cover.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I've already completed the Wilderness sub, but I think that's it for me on this event. I know a lot of people love this event, but it doesn't seem worth it really. The Global domination sub is just going to be 4* opponents and suped up 2&3 *'s to 200+ lvls. ISO aside, that's seems like a lot of work just to get one guaranteed 4* and probably just 2* Bulleyes from the event tokens.

I'm just going to use this as an excuse to kick back and take a break for a few days, recharge before the new character PVE. (I'm one of those weirdos who actually like Heroics)
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    I'll play it either way...nothing better than PVE events you can play at your own pace and leisure.

The only thing better would be those same events not scaled so outrageously that your almost full roster of 3*s isn't scaled beyond hope in the second stage.

Kind of a bummer to get another extremely rare non-competitive opportunity in MPQ only to not be able to enjoy most of it, again.

DBC