So how did everyone do?

Rogan_Josh
Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
My first ranked quick battle finished 2am this morning (GMT +0). I came 1st out of 508 players.

Which seems odd, i've noticed people mention players in the 1000's per shard and scores in the 100's. What was everyone else's shard like? average top 10 score?

Comments

• I ranked first with 79 points, 2nd place had 78 and 3rd had like 445. No one was really trying in my bracket. Not complaining.
  • Karmadeeds wrote:
    I ranked first with 79 points, 2nd place had 78 and 3rd had like 445. No one was really trying in my bracket. Not complaining.
    Can I be in your bracket? People were at those scores within two hours of the reset in my bracket.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I got first with 240 ribbon... A couple hours before reset I had to sleep so I farmed to be sure no one would rush in the last couple hours... 200 could have done it but second was at 150 when I went to sleep so I had to be careful icon_e_wink.gif
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    i ended 7th with 20 ribbon, 1st one had like 50
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Top 25 with a score in the 20's. Top 5 were in the hundreds. Got a KotWO out of it, so I can't complain.
  • There's no way I can do well this time. The people in top ranks are way ahead. Sad, especially considering half my battles are autoloses because of crashes.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing that's sort of sad / not sure how else you'd do it in MPQ is that bracket >>>>>>>> anything else. Time, cards, skill, etc. - none matters as much as the bracket you were randomly placed in. They did their best to keep people who were of similar ability / progress in the same brackets, so the try-hards all got put together, etc., but it just meant that if you got stuck in the bracket with all the people who never slept, you'd never rank. Again: not sure how else they'd do it, other than randomly every time. What also became apparent is that if you didn't play for a long time you got pushed back to easier brackets. Too early to tell if this game works similarly.

For what it's worth, for this white PvP: I had never even played Quick Battle before, and I got put in a bracket where the top 7 had ~100 ribbons, 2nd place had about 160 and first place had like 250.
  • I won my bracket with 109 points playing blue until I got depressed with how **** it is now before swapping to green.
  • loroku wrote:
    One thing that's sort of sad / not sure how else you'd do it in MPQ is that bracket >>>>>>>> anything else. Time, cards, skill, etc. - none matters as much as the bracket you were randomly placed in. They did their best to keep people who were of similar ability / progress in the same brackets, so the try-hards all got put together, etc., but it just meant that if you got stuck in the bracket with all the people who never slept, you'd never rank. Again: not sure how else they'd do it, other than randomly every time. What also became apparent is that if you didn't play for a long time you got pushed back to easier brackets. Too early to tell if this game works similarly.
    That's part of why I quit Marvel Puzzle Quest. The system for cover distribution was another.
  • 1st - 481
    2nd - 479
    3rd - 314
    4th - 259 (me)
    5th - 256
    6th - 243
    7th - 201
    8th - 187
    9th - 156

I'll gladly trade brackets with someone...