Daredevil Essentials

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Why has Daredevil been an essential three times in this Galactus run?

If you are going to make someone essential, can you at least make them one of the duplicates? Like I don't have a 3* Spiderman anymore, so I use my level 50 1*. I sold my Hulk (for some reason that I can't remember now), but I still had a level 70 Cho.

I understand 3* PvE essentials, but Iron Fist was this event's essential 3* (earnable at 500K). Do you HAVE to make an essential? Can't you just make it like a heroic and say, here's the 15 characters you have access to in this node?

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    And yet people laugh at me when I say to keep literally everyone. One of the reasons is for stuff like this.

Anyway, they probably did it because they know you don't have DD and are picking on you personally.
  • Buret0
    MojoWild wrote:
    And yet people laugh at me when I say to keep literally everyone. One of the reasons is for stuff like this.

Anyway, they probably did it because they know you don't have DD and are picking on you personally.

That's what I thought the first two times. Now I suspect some more sinister power is at work.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I like the fact there are so many essentials. Feels like it's a threat that requires many heroes. Aside from the bugs this is a great event.

Besides, I can't get through the day without crotch kicking someone. Daredevil runs well with cyclops and mnmags imo. Very fun team.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    Why has Daredevil been an essential three times in this Galactus run?

If you are going to make someone essential, can you at least make them one of the duplicates? Like I don't have a 3* Spiderman anymore, so I use my level 50 1*. I sold my Hulk (for some reason that I can't remember now), but I still had a level 70 Cho.

I understand 3* PvE essentials, but Iron Fist was this event's essential 3* (earnable at 500K). Do you HAVE to make an essential? Can't you just make it like a heroic and say, here's the 15 characters you have access to in this node?

This is how it worked the last 2 times this event ran. It's also how the Ultron event worked the last 3 times it ran. Sucks for you that you don't have all of the essentials, better luck next time!
  • Buret0
    MojoWild wrote:

I used to, but then my high level 3 and 4 stars started coming by demanding ISO for championing. I had every 2*, 3*, and 4*. Now I have every 4*, 2*, and 1*, but some of them are champions.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why I have all 4s, 3s, 2s and one 1 for ddq. All but Nova.. d'oh! So in just about all cases, I can do all required nodes, no matter what.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I felt that way about Hawkeye. I had been expecting 2* wolvie and had to load up 2* Hawkeye. I don't think making a 3* essential is as bad as making a 4* essential or a 2*. The fact that 3* are essential every PVP and PVE means you should keep all of them. you have to make choices about your roster and I have chosen to keep my 3* and rotate 2* that are needed.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Now I suspect some more sinister power is at work.

... THE HAND!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry friend for messing with you like this. See, there was this thing I needed and it was an X-23 Green for Gauntlet. I had to do some meddling and your number came up. Didn't want to use you as a bargaining tool but I am out for my own progression.
  • Buret0
    wymtime wrote:
    I felt that way about Hawkeye. I had been expecting 2* wolvie and had to load up 2* Hawkeye. I don't think making a 3* essential is as bad as making a 4* essential or a 2*. The fact that 3* are essential every PVP and PVE means you should keep all of them. you have to make choices about your roster and I have chosen to keep my 3* and rotate 2* that are needed.

Yeah, I was trying not to sell any 3*s that I couldn't reroster fairly quickly. I don't know what happened to my 800 point Daredevil in Blind Justice. I thought I still had that cover to rerecruit Daredevil after selling him for the ISO (with the nerf to boosted 3*s it seemed to make sense that I rely more heavily on my 4 and 5*s).

Now he has been an essential 4 times. I might still make the 900,000 LT progression, but my alliance has been missing out on clears from their top point producer as a result. I usually have no problem getting 1.2 million in Ultron and Galactus, even though my alliance almost never makes round 6 and has never come close to round 7.