roster slots for CP

not that anyone will ever read this topic, but i think it would be nice if we could also buy extra roster slots for CP.
Getting tired of selling 3* and 4* because i have no slots, and no point in buying 4* covers with cp because i am still not finished transitioning to 3*
The rate at which new characters are created is simply too high. If you were not in this game from day 1, you might as well give up unless you spend a half year salary each year.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, with championing, I get tons of hp, so roster slots are easy to buy. I need that cp for a chance at more OMLs!

Champion all your characters, and you'll be good to go!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too question this line of logic. What are you spending your HP on if you are so strapped for HP, yet flush with CP?

I think you may have lost some priorities if you are that hard up on your HP stash that you'd consider this a good idea.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I actually agree with the OP. I am a somewhat casual player and have not spent a dime on the game, because I don't think you should have to pay to be able to compete in a fun game like this, but I know I'm the minority. I like earning things in the game. icon_e_biggrin.gif

That being said, I only spend my HPs on slots. From the beginning. I also never open tokens unless I have an open slot, which leads me to hoarding thousands of tokens of all sorts. I am always low on HP and never have enough slots.

Would I spend my CP on slots? Right now I have almost 200 because I haven't spent any from their release. But I don't know if slots would be my best bet with CP. Maybe I should hold onto them for LTs when I get to 4* land. Maybe I should spend them (very strategically) with 3*s to speed up my transition to 4* land. I don't know what I should do with them yet, so I'll hold onto them. But it might be nice to have the option to use them on a slot if I REALLY don't want to sell anyone and I REALLY get a new cover I want.

Thankfully I'm very patient. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited February 2016
    A) I dont spend $500 ayear or whaever ludicrous amount of money people spent on a simple mobile game, so I never drown in HP

B) I am 400 days behind most of you, thus WAY less covers but same amount of characters that can come out of a token. Thus a bazillion **** covered characters with no room for another bazillion.
    ive already sold nick fury, Amadeus Cho hulk and several other four stars, not to mention around like 50 3* covers for characters I dont have spots for.

If you joined this game from the beginning when there were only a few characters, you are solid. you can go with the flow.
    if you join the game when already 100+ characters existed, the game tells you to **** off and tries it's best to let you uninstall asap.
    you open 50 tokens and you will get tokens for at least 40 different characters.
    and guess what it only gets worse.
    every time they release another character my initial reaction is for **** sake, not again, please stop this **** before fixing your game first.
    I want to trade iso for hp, cp for hp, covers for hp, anything to get more of those **** overpriced roster slots

also fyi roster slots is literally the only thing I spend my hp on. never bought a shield or a token pack and still multiple times a week I have to decide which character to ditch this time.

and I have almost 300 useless cp, because if I buy a legendary token it will be just another 4 or 5 star I dont and I have to sell.
    20 cp for 1000 iso. yeah **** you

Moderator edit: removed inaccurate and pointless reference to a character's sexual orientation. -DayvBang
  • Pwuz_
    Frasaria wrote:
    A) I dont spend $500 ayear or whaever ludicrous amount of money people spent on a simple mobile game, so I never drown in HP

B) I am 400 days behind most of you, thus WAY less covers but same amount of characters that can come out of a token. Thus a bazillion tinykitty covered characters with no room for another bazillion.
    ive already sold nick fury, gay hulk and several other four stars, not to mention around like 50 3* covers for characters I dont have spots for.

If you joined this game from the beginning when there were only a few characters, you are solid. you can go with the flow.
    if you join the game when already 100+ characters existed, the game tells you to tinykitty off and tries it's best to let you uninstall asap.
    you open 50 tokens and you will get tokens for at least 40 different characters.
    and guess what it only gets worse.
    every time they release another character my initial reaction is for tinykitty sake, not again, please stop this tinykitty before fixing your game first.
    I want to trade iso for hp, cp for hp, covers for hp, anything to get more of those tinykitty overpriced roster slots

also fyi roster slots is literally the only thing I spend my hp on. never bought a shield or a token pack and still multiple times a week I have to decide which character to ditch this time.

and I have almost 300 useless cp, because if I buy a legendary token it will be just another 4 or 5 star I dont and I have to sell.
    20 cp for 1000 iso. yeah tinykitty you

Haha, you're doing it right, I'll give you that. That said it's a slow progression in this game. I know it may FEEL like it's so much easier for older players who are already at the point that a new release is all we HAVE to worry about (duplicate characters excluded.)

That said, it WASN'T THAT EASY FOR US EITHER!!! Point of fact: I too have spent $0.00 on this game, as in zero, nada, nothing. That isn't to say that I don't think the devs deserve something for their fantastic game that they have put a ton of effort into both balancing and keeping older and newer players engaged. I just take Free to Play games as a personal challenge, but as they keep adding in characters that finish line keeps moving on me.

RANT BEGIN blueflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png

Back in my day, (yeah I know, I sound like a grumpy old man at this point) Back in my day, roster slots never capped out on cost, and had personally spent around 1450 HP on my last slot prior to the current cap price of 1000. Back then HP was a scarce resource that would never be given out in Tokens (Taco or otherwise), Daily Resupply, or anything except a small handful of Prologue nodes (less than what are currently available), selling your 3* or 4* covers and by placing top 50 in events. Events had a single end time (often not a good one based on sleep work or other Real Life obligations). PvE didn't include subs either. Speaking of which PvE didn't tell you how long it was till points refreshed, and did so on roughly a 3 hour timetable. Alliances (once they were finally added) started at 5 members and cost additional HP to unlock more members (slot 6 for 600HP, slot 7 for 700HP, ...slot 20 for 2000HP.)

I was roughly 150 days in to the game before I had my 1st fully covered 3* character (Punisher), and back then your build was the one you made, NO RESPEC! 3* & 4* characters came by lucky pull (which mind you was a lower % than they are currently by about half), Daily Resupply, or by placing top 100 in PvE or top 50 in PvP. No DDQ, no Taco Tokens, and no Champions.

RANT OVER redflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png

Compared to how the game was 2 years ago, you're having Iso & HP rain on you like its monsoon season!

Don't be in such a hurry to finish the game. This game can provide hundreds of hours of enjoyment/distraction/excitement. If that's not what you want out of this, I'm afraid this may be a good time to turn back now, before you become like me...tired, old, and addicted to MPQ.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    That said, it WASN'T THAT EASY FOR US EITHER!!! Point of fact: I too have spent $0.00 on this game, as in zero, nada, nothing.

not entirely true, I did spend 5 euro I had left in steamwallet once, but now that is less than 1 roster slot so I see no reason to do it again.
    But for the rest I completely agree with you.

also my first championed 3* was black panther on day 125ish, not long ago.
    Main problem is that I like to collect all the heroes mote than actually playing with them. So it always makeevme sad to sell a cover you don't have spots for and then try earning that same cover again a month later because you earned some HP now.
  • Pwuz_
    You and me both brother (or sister, it is the internet after all)!

Like I said, they keep moving the bar on me. I'm getting there though! After around 600 and some odd days I finally got my 1st fully covered 4* (X-force). I've got myself every 1-3* character fully covered (though my 1 & 2*'s are all Iso deprived since I've only been able to rebuild them after having sold off every one to make room for my 3 & 4*'s.)

As of right now every 4* except Nova I've gotten at least 1 cover on. I've even gotten 2 covers each on 3 of the 5*.

The real cost of HP and Iso is absolutely insane. It's just not worth it, $100 won't even get enough Iso to take a 4* from 250 to 270. I don't think the developers actually want players to spend money on the game when you look at that, because it's just absurd. For $5 (which is what I call a reasonable amount to spend on a mobile game) you get 1200 Iso or 200 HP.