Blue bounce cards now useless

Options
So with the update the blues return a card to hand cards are now fairly useless. Before if who you where playing against was at max hand size the creature was destroyed, and i can semi- see this as a bit powerful in the puzzle quest context (though a very common and cheap effect in mtg). However, the fix of requiring your opponents hand to be less than five makes these effects only work for the first few turns, as i have never played against someone who's hand dies not fill up commonly, particularly computer players. Generally at this point i plan to take all these cards out of my deck, as they are now extremely situation, and as a blue player i know have little recourse for creature removal

Comments

• So with the update the blues return a card to hand cards are now fairly useless. Before if who you where playing against was at max hand size the creature was destroyed, and i can semi- see this as a bit powerful in the puzzle quest context (though a very common and cheap effect in mtg). However, the fix of requiring your opponents hand to be less than five makes these effects only work for the first few turns, as i have never played against someone who's hand dies not fill up commonly, particularly computer players. Generally at this point i plan to take all these cards out of my deck, as they are now extremely situation, and as a blue player i know have little recourse for creature removal

Yes, but I'm not seeing too much sympathy. I get the feeling that many of the people who think it's fixed now have never played a MtGPQ bounce deck. I've tried various iterations and find I'm completely hemmed in and just Exile those cards to try and win with my vanilla Blue creatures.
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I won the last myyhic round and i run two bounce cards in my deck...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alicrast wrote:
    I won the last myyhic round and i run two bounce cards in my deck...
    Bbbbbut they're useless!!!
  • Upstartes
    Options
    I have been surprised by the level of utility that my bounce spells still have - I have just adapted the deck and my play-style. I play more like a paper-magic control deck now: setting up my mana (in this case, filling up bounce cards and then holding them in my hand), waiting for the opponent to do something (i.e. cast a creature), then reacting (bouncing it). I typically don't play anything until the opponent does. I mix in a few slowing elements (Sphinx's Tutelage and Mizzium Meddler) that come out after my bounce cards are filled and waiting. Within the first 5 to 10 turns, the opponent is pretty much locked out with no creatures on the table, and I beat him down with a Meddler and a HotT.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You just gota wait and play them after a creature is played...The nerfs really hurt the creatures that bounce a lot more than the spells.
  • mlktws
    mlktws Posts: 26
    Options
    This thread really should be in the feedback and suggestions forum, since it's not a bug or technical issue.

That being said, I thought the bounce mechanic would be useless now, too, but I quickly realized that it isn't nearly as big of a deal as I had thought it would be. I have continued to use Anchor to the Aether, Disperse, and Separatist Voidmage, and it's rare that I am unable to control the board comparable to before the nerfing.

There's nothing (horribly) wrong with the way the bounce mechanic works, in my opinion; you just need to tweak your strategy (and possibly your deck) a bit.