Why am I only paired with 2 others in Galactus event?

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Arent you supposed to be with all 20 of your alliance?

Comments

• Draigh wrote:

Have all 20 people in your alliance entered the event? If they haven't they wouldn't show up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbillrich wrote:
    Draigh wrote:

Have all 20 people in your alliance entered the event? If they haven't they wouldn't show up.
    Another possibility is that someone joined the event, left the alliance, and then someone else joined the alliance and the event. there's only room for 20 players from each alliance, if you are 22 then the last two would end up in a new bracket.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you just join? Were others in the alliance before you?

The first 20 to join under that alliance name are who get bracketed together. If you come in after that alliance has 20 players enter, you get put in your own bracket under the same alliance name.
  • I was probably the last one joining, didnt pay attention if there was a change in players. Dont feel its fair though for an alliance event, especially since I'm the founder...
  • I'm in a group of 3 now which means this event is as good as worthless to me. Is there any compensation for players like me, because this cant be how it is meant to work.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Draigh wrote:
    I was probably the last one joining, didnt pay attention if there was a change in players. Dont feel its fair though for an alliance event, especially since I'm the founder...
    Geez, I was going to suggest complaining to your commander about not doing a better job of managing roster manipulations. I guess all you can do now is flog yourself.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Draigh wrote:
    I'm in a group of 3 now which means this event is as good as worthless to me. Is there any compensation for players like me, because this cant be how it is meant to work.

You want compensation because you mismanaged your Alliance?

It's a cunning plan, let us know how it turns out icon_e_smile.gif
  • I entered last because I had a busy and long workday (10 hours) by the time I got around to joining in the evening, I got stuck in this setup. I havent booted or kicked anyone in my alliance for a while, so if things changed, its because someone all of a sudden left.
    Are you really going to put that on mismanagement?

The fact that I'm in a setup with only 2 other players means the way this systems works isnt optimal, since it basically locks out players.
  • Quebbster
    Draigh wrote:
    I entered last because I had a busy and long workday (10 hours) by the time I got around to joining in the evening, I got stuck in this setup. I havent booted or kicked anyone in my alliance for a while, so if things changed, its because someone all of a sudden left.

The fact that I'm in a setup with only 2 other players means the way this systems works isnt optimal, since it basically locks out players.
    Are you the only commander of your alliance? Did someone leave the alliance temporarily to get Nova from The Hunt? Can anyone join your alliance without approval?

As for how the system works... if it didn't lock players into the alliance bracket that would enable all sorts of shenanigans with players jumping from alliance to alliance, gaming the system to get multiple rewards. That's not an option. If it allowed brackets to be larger than 20 players, you'd also open the door for exploits with alliances recruiting mercs to inflate their score - whatever the maximum size would be you could bet on some alliances going out of their way to reach that number and getting an advantage and more rewards.
    In short, while you do need to be careful with the current system (and I do sympathize for you getting burned like this), I don't really think there is a better way to run a co-op event like this... They'd have to retool it as an individual event, and that would mean it lost a lot of its charm.
  • They should set it to the team that is in the alliance when it starts...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Draigh wrote:
    I havent booted or kicked anyone in my alliance for a while, so if things changed, its because someone all of a sudden left.
    The fact that you don't even know if someone "all of a sudden left", and the fact that more than 20 people entered the event while members of your alliance, yeah. Part of being a commander is to keep tabs on your roster, and frankly, you seem pretty oblivious to the comings and goings over the past couple of days. Sorry if that seems harsh, but those are simply the facts.
  • Our alliance is semi-casual. We usually dont get top100 but all of us play every day. There are a few players who dont talk in the chat, but mostly we are a stable alliance. Every once in a while a player leaves though (usually one of the quit ones) but not often.
    When one does and doesnt announce it, and another joins without introducing, It is difficult to see when one left, I dont go checking attendence every day (daily rewards usually gives the full 20 as present and that is enough for me). And besides the 15 active ones I wouldnt be able to name you the other 5 by heart.
    I have been playing since the beta, and with an exception here and there I have played every day. I love the game, this just blows...
  • Quebbster
    Draigh wrote:
    Our alliance is semi-casual. We usually dont get top100 but all of us play every day. There are a few players who dont talk in the chat, but mostly we are a stable alliance. Every once in a while a player leaves though (usually one of the quit ones) but not often.
    When one does and doesnt announce it, and another joins without introducing, It is difficult to see when one left, I dont go checking attendence every day (daily rewards usually gives the full 20 as present and that is enough for me). And besides the 15 active ones I wouldnt be able to name you the other 5 by heart.
    I have been playing since the beta, and with an exception here and there I have played every day. I love the game, this just blows...
    I take it it's a public alliance? If it was a private alliance a command would need to approve new members. Then you wouldn't have this issue.
    I'm not surprised casual players jump into the first public alliance they can find with open spots so they can play Galactus...
  • In the beginning we had a private alliance, however we made it public once for some reason and never had a problem with it. And quite frankly, it has been so long ago, I forgot you could even make it private.
    Like I said we play for fun, not to storm the top10. We have no problem greeting new ppl in the alliance if necesarry, we just dont have regular changes. So this just came out of nowhere, especially since we never had a problem with this.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    You live, learn, and grow. The same issue would appear again in Ultron if that's the case. You should always privatize your alliance before an even like this if you know it's coming up which if you frequent the forums to check the preview thread, it was in there before the Galactus event started.
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    You are not alone. Our alliance got split down the middle somehow. Our alliance did not change it's membership at all. The system just split us in half randomly and when you started had nothing to do with it.

I filed our complaint already.