Managorger Hydra

Options
It's too weak. Green is not a spellcasting color, and indeed, up to at least level 20 you can only have one spell in your deck. It should care about all cards, even if that means a cost increase. As is, it's bad.

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Keral_Keep wrote:
    It's too weak. Green is not a spellcasting color, and indeed, up to at least level 20 you can only have one spell in your deck. It should care about all cards, even if that means a cost increase. As is, it's bad.

The paper version of this card has it get +1/+1 for any spell cast, which in paper literally means every card that's not a land. I think the MtGPQ version should at _least_ be spells and supports if not creatures as well.
  • Yeah, meant to say that. Thanks.
    Honored Hierarch could be better too- specifically, take away vigilance.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managorger Hydra is such a face palm. Buffs for every spell you cast. Oh, by the way, you can't put more than 1 spell in your deck. And one of the spells you could get would have you sacrifice Managorger Hydra.

This thing would be such a beast if it kept the original flavor of the card. +1/+1 every time anyone played any card, with trample to boot.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    Managorger Hydra is such a face palm. Buffs for every spell you cast. Oh, by the way, you can't put more than 1 spell in your deck. And one of the spells you could get would have you sacrifice Managorger Hydra.

This thing would be such a beast if it kept the original flavor of the card. +1/+1 every time anyone played any card, with trample to boot.
    Actually it works on opponent spells too. Not that this fact makes it a good card.
    Buffing from all cards from both sides could bring it to the realm of OPness. I am not that much against it since nissa lacks, in my ipinion, really efficient good creatures compared to other pwalkers.
    Anyways even if it would work only on all the card YOU play would make it a good card since it start with fair stats...
    Really hope it gets adjusted cause nissa needs some love and after all it is a rare card.
  • Keral_Keep wrote:
    Yeah, meant to say that. Thanks.

I always assumed he had vigilance so that he wouldn't be utterly broken.

Without it he is insane mana.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    Keral_Keep wrote:
    Yeah, meant to say that. Thanks.

I always assumed he had vigilance so that he wouldn't be utterly broken.

Without it he is insane mana.
    Almost sure he have vigilance cause the card in magic acquire vigilance when renowned
    100100.jpg
    The fact that it keeps the power level in check is a mere coincidence.
    I would have preferred less mana gain but no vigilance, cause in magic vigilance is basically never a penalty when it comes to a creature survivability.