Do short term gains always outweigh long term side effects?

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, my scaling isn't up to 667 personally, but I do see a lot of people on the forum bringing it up. Now, it seems to be that while difficult a lot of people are ploughing through it. Is this actually a good idea though?

So, picture this, devs sit in a meeting discussing the scaling hiccup. Some guy points out, "Hey it turns out 70% actually cleared those nodes. 45% on the first try!" So maybe they decide to increase the level cap by a larger margin (I don't think it's an argument of whether it will go up, but by how much).

So what am I saying? Well I'm saying, remember the good old days of tanking? icon_e_wink.gif

Of course, I don't expect it to happen. But I will chuckle when people moan about their scaling from here on out.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a known issue, and is being fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39047
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I liked the challenge. I just don't think it was fair to have us grind nodes that tough for a new 4*. And Jean Grey was doing 10K AoE damage with strike tiles out. You have to look at the boost list before deciding whether the players can handle the highest levels.

I wouldn't mind if there was a level 667 to 1000 "bonus" gauntlet after completing the first one, where you repeat every gauntlet node at level 667-1000 to earn 1, 2, or 3 CP each node (based on the difficulty). Each node is a one time completion, guaranteed prize (20 iso thereafter).

I'd rather a really tough gauntlet that I didn't have to grind on eight hour windows than any other PvP or PvE event. Only the prizes for gauntlet usually suck compared to the prizes for other story events. IIRC, the last prize I got for completing a gauntlet was a single 4* cover. Getting through the whole gauntlet once should net you like 10K ISO, 500 HP, and 10 CP. Completing the gauntlet on level 667 mode should be worth 50 CP (earned as you progress and is only unlocked when you beat the gauntlet).