Uses of Hero Points currently

Jorit
Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
OK so with the changes to Hero points.

What can you really use them for any more?

Packs?
Healing packs?
Roster spots?

Am I missing anything?

Is that really it?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    all damage and all color boosts
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    U must be run ning a maxed 5* roster coz u dont shield
  • Vault resets also.
  • Wait for Vaults or non-Vaults to have Daily Specials of 50HP for a token. Heck, if you're swimming in HP you can have a go at the 100HP daily Heroic token

It works out at a much better return than saving for a 10 pack...
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    PVP Shields. If you can reliably hit 1k by using a shield or two, the payout is much better than the "old" system of outright paying 2500 HP for a single 4* cover. You do have to wait for the right rewards to come along, however.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP Shields. If you can reliably hit 1k by using a shield or two, the payout is much better than the "old" system of outright paying 2500 HP for a single 4* cover. You do have to wait for the right rewards to come along, however.
    if you can reliably hit 1K in a shield or 2, you should be able to hit 1300 in ~4 or so. spend some iso on skips finding good targets and get that LT. no there's no reason not to try once in a while it since hp is useful for little else in the game.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    if you can reliably hit 1K in a shield or 2, you should be able to hit 1300 in ~4 or so. spend some iso on skips finding good targets and get that LT. no there's no reason not to try once in a while it since hp is useful for little else in the game.

This is so entirely not true. a beginner 4* transitioner can usually hit the 1k level with maxed 3*s. You are suggesting that players with these rosters can climb from 1000 to 1300 in 2 shields. Unless you are part of line groups hitting 75 point CC teams this is not happening. Even with the support of line those mid-tier rosters are taking a huge risk with 2 fights at that level. It's amazing how fast a 3* team will get crushed when you are over 1100 points.
  • TxMoose
    LXSandman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

This is so entirely not true. a beginner 4* transitioner can usually hit the 1k level with maxed 3*s. You are suggesting that players with these rosters can climb from 1000 to 1300 in 2 shields. Unless you are part of line groups hitting 75 point CC teams this is not happening. Even with the support of line those mid-tier rosters are taking a huge risk with 2 fights at that level. It's amazing how fast a 3* team will get crushed when you are over 1100 points.
    maybe 2-3 hops plus maybe a quick one at event end. no I'm not part of line groups and yes, I usually hit 3 ccs every hop for 200ish pts. if you use the skip and understand when groups of players move, anyone can do it, line or no line. 3* teams should be able to get 2 ccs in. that would be 120-140 pts each and then you might need something at event end. it takes some time to understand the slice (i.e. recognize names who generally cc and get a feel for when movement happens) and, for sure, some slices are better than others. I'm pretty sure it can be done. might try it in the offseason, although some slices completely dry up then, so we'll see.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    TxMoose wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    no I'm not part of line groups and yes, I usually hit 3 ccs every hop for 200ish pts. if you use the skip and understand when groups of players move, anyone can do it, line or no line. 3* teams should be able to get 2 ccs in. that would be 120-140 pts each and then you might need something at event end. it takes some time to understand the slice (i.e. recognize names who generally cc and get a feel for when movement happens) and, for sure, some slices are better than others. I'm pretty sure it can be done. might try it in the offseason, although some slices completely dry up then, so we'll see.

You are talking about some highly advanced concepts that also require a bit of luck. To truly understand how groups of players move and operate inside of the slice according to you, without the use of Line, gives you a HUGE edge. Its rare.

This isn't something "anybody can do". You have to be an advanced player, who still only has a shity 3 star roster. Not many people identify as both of those things right now.
  • TxMoose
    I agree it wouldn't be easy and my perspective may be totally out of touch with pure 3* players. it took me probably 1-2 full seasons to settle into my current routine that seems to work pretty well (anyone interested in the minutia, pm me - I'm no expert but would be glad to discuss). the key is that initial push. if you can get into the mid-upper 900s or more at about 12 hrs from event end, that gives you a 3/8/3/8 + event end. I still think it would be possible. and the point I was trying to make is that what else are you going to spend hp on? even if you had to push earlier (20hr mark) for 6 shields (or 4 'extra'), would be harder to find pts, but an LT for an extra 450 hp on top of what you normally do - to me it would be worth it at that level. what do you have to lose? if you hp is building up, use it for something beneficial.

edit: and don't be afraid to stretch yourself and make mistakes. my first trip to 1300 was with unboosted fist/cage and cost me 1600 hp. completely bonkers crazy but I learned a lot during that event that has helped me since. my second trip to 1300 was on 3 shields costing 535hp (fist was boosted there). is a bit of a long read and a saga, but if anyone interested:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32824

keep in mind this was 1) before 4*s were so prevalent, but over 1K, was mostly fistbusters and 4s in the lower 200s then anyway. and 2) before ccs, so all my hops were on real teams.
  • Not to forget, recalling back a character sent for Team up. lol
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    no I'm not part of line groups and yes, I usually hit 3 ccs every hop for 200ish pts. if you use the skip and understand when groups of players move, anyone can do it, line or no line. 3* teams should be able to get 2 ccs in. that would be 120-140 pts each and then you might need something at event end. it takes some time to understand the slice (i.e. recognize names who generally cc and get a feel for when movement happens) and, for sure, some slices are better than others. I'm pretty sure it can be done. might try it in the offseason, although some slices completely dry up then, so we'll see.

You are talking about some highly advanced concepts that also require a bit of luck. To truly understand how groups of players move and operate inside of the slice according to you, without the use of Line, gives you a HUGE edge. Its rare.

This isn't something "anybody can do". You have to be an advanced player, who still only has a tinykitty 3 star roster. Not many people identify as both of those things right now.

I would totally agree with Kalex on this post. The point to remember is that:
    1. once you've used Line to coordinated in a chat
    2. Learned about who the front runners are in a slice and when they like to play
    3. Which alliances play in specific shards and how they hop.

Then yes, anyone with the appropriate roster can easily score 1300 because they are effectively doing the exact same things that the people who are:
    1. Using line to coordinate their hops.
    2. Working with the CC bakers.
    3. playing nice with various alliances to minimize snipes and retaliation wars.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

This isn't something "anybody can do". You have to be an advanced player, who still only has a tinykitty 3 star roster. Not many people identify as both of those things right now.

I hit 1300 every PvP and only recently maxed my first 4-Star. With the proper 3*'s and good LINE work, it's not only possible but easy. I mean, hell, if you're eating CC's for 75 points your allies are expecting you to put out CC's too. With nothing but 2* targets to beat, of course a 3* team will do just fine. 1/3rd of your games you'll be using 2* teams anyway lol.

It all just comes down to coordination and proper play.
  • TxMoose
    Phumade wrote:
    I would totally agree with Kalex on this post. The point to remember is that:
    1. once you've used Line to coordinated in a chat
    2. Learned about who the front runners are in a slice and when they like to play
    3. Which alliances play in specific shards and how they hop.

Then yes, anyone with the appropriate roster can easily score 1300 because they are effectively doing the exact same things that the people who are:
    1. Using line to coordinate their hops.
    2. Working with the CC bakers.
    3. playing nice with various alliances to minimize snipes and retaliation wars.
    that first #1 not required. helps, but not required. just needs some time browsing the slices and trying different things out. I know it's not required because I've never had line. I had a routine going a few seasons ago and a top alliance moved out of my normal slice, so I had to go try them all out and find another routine that worked. but line is not necessary. it does take iso to line things up.

unrelated note - and you can see my roster, I run jeanbuster mostly (not always), but only have 1 maxed with hb (ice and jean to be added within the next couple of weeks), so its not like you HAVE to have a bunch of 270s too.
  • Was there ever another use aside from paying for spots to put your heroes?

DBC
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was there ever another use aside from paying for spots to put your heroes?

DBC
    I don't mind quite so much buying more health packs when I'm running low now that I can't spend it on covers...