3* Characters You Avoid Facing in PvP

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have characters that I tend to avoid if possible in PvP matches for various reasons. Boosts aside, what 3* characters in teams make you inclined to skip them if possible? This poll is mainly for 3*/early 4* players but higher transitioned players are welcome to vote based on their recollections of who they used to (or still do) avoid.

Mine are Blade and Wolverine (unless I am using a team specifically designed against them aka Loki) due to the frequency and ease in which they spit out strike tiles that cause significant damage.

Honorable mention for me is Cyclops, he is a pain with his yellow self generating power as it is easy for him to get 10 red fairly quickly.

I imagine Hood or Iron Fist may be popular answers but I don't mind facing them due to their low health, they are easy to pick off before they do significant damage in my experience.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't avoid any of them any more, but anything that leads to cascade ap can utterly kill you. voted witch and fist. hood would be my 3rd, but if you have a hood, hood is not hard to beat when mirrored. overscaled in pve where he's locked out is a different matter.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My vote was Other - She-Hulk, because the AI bats 1000 when using Furious Charge
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    johnnyzero wrote:
    My vote was Other - She-Hulk, because the AI bats 1000 when using Furious Charge

Ditto, her and Hood are my choices. AP drain can really screw you up, everything else is pretty easy to manage.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Iron Fist, because even though he's relatively easy to kill, those attack tiles are gonna getcha.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    None, when 99% of what you see is Jeanbuster, I jump for joy when I see a three star team.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron fist, because even unboosted, someone is going to need a band-aid after.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    #1. IF for the reasons stated above.

#2. CMags because: cascades, wut r u doin?, cascades, STAHP
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Other: Kamala Khan and Luke Cage

Because even if I win, I know I'm going to be there all damn day.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cage and Magneto. Cage because obvious, Magneto because I don't think I've ever downed him without him getting his red or blue power off at least once, and even unboosted they do pretty respectable damage.

After reading other responses though, should 100% have gone with She-Hulk.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    Iron fist, because even unboosted, someone is going to need a band-aid after.

Anyone who is anyone has true healing these days. The only menace are level 667 feeder nodes.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Thor can be annoying sometimes if he manages to link his moves together in 1 turn
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Boosted Hood is the only one I care about avoiding now (late 4* transitioner). I had one match against a Jeanbuster + Hood in Sim that I underestimated. Three health packs & 12 minutes later, I doubt I'll bother with that one again.

Championing has made some toons - I'm looking at you Loki & Hood - even MORE viable due to having more competitive health pools.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    IF, but he's not a deal breaker.
    I'll avoid Hulk and Cap Marvel depending on my team. Giving the other team AP every attack sucks.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    revizion wrote:
    Championing has made some toons - I'm looking at you Loki & Hood - even MORE viable due to having more competitive health pools.

But isn't the drawbrack is Loki tanks green and hood yellow for alot of combinations? I'm debating on how high to level my loki, hood, and hulk characters?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate fighting Luke.
    Nothing like going 15 turns in, glancing over and seeing almost no impact on their HP.

It's not that it's hard, it's just that it takes forever to win the fight.
  • KK+Cage+whoever. Soooooo slow.
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    IF + cage or teams with IF. then hood/she-hulk (bcz i play only with GSBW+scarlet for fast games)
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    If you have every 3* coverd up and at least lvl 140 and there are 40-50 or more points for the match, you avoid no 3*
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Iron Fist due to Fistbuster and KK due to that bloody healing over and over.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not totally surprised that Hood is so high. I know that his AP steal can be dangerous but usually I play Iron Fist against him and take him out really early since his health is so low. Now boosted, yes I can see why he would be worth avoiding due to extra health. Am I the only one who doesn't mind picking on teams with Hood when he is not boosted?

She-Hulk can be a pain since her ability only costs 6 green and she can steal tiles. She is one that I should have included by name in the poll but simply forgot to.