Patch Notes v1.3 (02/02/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest 1.3 Update is here!

What’s New:
    -NEW Quick Battle with Ranking Rewards. -25 NEW Heroic Encounters. -NEW Daily Rewards. -20+ Cards rebalanced. -Gideon rebalanced. -Multiple bug fixes. -Asian language support; Japanese & Korean. -Performance & user experience improvements (based on player suggestions). -Player's Hand interaction improvements. -New end-game Challenges in Story Mode: 25 new (Hard) encounters in Origins. -New Reward system in Quick Battle based on Leaderboard placement (Top 10, 25 & 100 rewarded); Rewards Screen now available from the Leaderboards. -Quick Battle user experience and UI Improvements; Start/End dates for Leaderboard & Rewards better communicated. Quick Battle now offers a chance at cards from specific colors, free card packs & currency. -Daily Reward improvements: Monthly mechanic communicated more clearly. -New Splash Screen. -Android Back button fully integrated. -And more!

Click here for DETAILED 1.3 UPDATE NOTES.

Comments

• As predicted, the hand limitation on bounce mechanics is utterly broken. I'm at a loss for words.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]-Multiple bug fixes.
    -Performance & user experience improvements (based on player suggestions).
    This is a really good patch but the bug fixes and UI tweaks are extremely appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

"Start/End dates for Leaderboard & Rewards better communicated."
    This is true, but is it possible to get those down to the hour/minute, like in MPQ?

Edit: Nevermind! I see that after you get down to less than 24 hours it does display the hours:minutes. Thanks!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The patch is available for download in the Play store.
  • After spending a few hours yesterday working on challanges, juggling creatures out of my hand and killing them off, being able to discard cards seems a blessing.
  • I have two Android devices. When I got my phone (Galaxy S5), Verizon threw in a cheap tablet, supposedly for free (of course, it wasn't really). I have MtgPQ installed on both. I played it mostly on the phone. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose my game state, so I tried updating the tablet first. When I started the game, I got a big message box saying Update Available, and giving me a button that took me to Google Play Store. When I got to the Store, the button that normally is labelled "Install" was saying "Update". I clicked that, and was told that my tablet didn't have enough free space available. Fine, I want it on the phone anyway.

But when I started the game on my phone, I did not get the "Update Available" box, and when I went to Play Store, it didn't say "Update". It just said "Open".

So, how can I get the updated version of the game installed on my phone without losing my current game state?

Thank you very much.

RobR
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    RobR wrote:
    I have two Android devices. When I got my phone (Galaxy S5), Verizon threw in a cheap tablet, supposedly for free (of course, it wasn't really). I have MtgPQ installed on both. I played it mostly on the phone. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose my game state, so I tried updating the tablet first. When I started the game, I got a big message box saying Update Available, and giving me a button that took me to Google Play Store. When I got to the Store, the button that normally is labelled "Install" was saying "Update". I clicked that, and was told that my tablet didn't have enough free space available. Fine, I want it on the phone anyway.

But when I started the game on my phone, I did not get the "Update Available" box, and when I went to Play Store, it didn't say "Update". It just said "Open".

So, how can I get the updated version of the game installed on my phone without losing my current game state?

Thank you very much.

RobR
    That happened to me on the iPhone in the App Store... said update was available, but in the store it only had the Open option. I had to go to my list of Apps, and in that screen it did display the "Update" option.