20 and 70 ISO and Crit Rewards, what it really costs.

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Crunching numbers on these things. It's not pretty. Bare minimum we should always get 100 ISO or a 1* cover as a reward. Getting Crits and 20 ISO, moreso 20 ISO is roughly 80 - 100 ISO lost every match.

Assuming you gets these just 10 times in a day (more is likely)

You are losing anywhere from 800-1000 ISO everyday. Over the course of a year that's 292,000 to 365,000 ISO lost every year, but it's likely more because the average to above average player is probably getting the 20 ISO award 15-20 times a day. That's easily 584,000 ISO lost per year.

However it's not just that anymore. Being behind in ISO means your characters are behind, which means now every cover you get of that non-maxed character is even more ISO lost because instead of championing you are selling it for 500 ISO.

Solutions?

1) I can live with Crit rewards so long as they are just random boosts, get rid of them as one of the rewards for beating a node in PvE

2.) Delete the 20 and 70 ISO awards, 100 should be the bare minimum

3.) Cover Sell rates should be
1*--100
2*--500
3*--2500
4*--5000
5*--10000

You could proably go back to adding HP to sale as well like it use to be, since HP lost a lot of value.

4.) PvE Nodes need a double in rewards

Do this and the ISO flow will still be low, but at least passable until a bigger fix can come along.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the poll I created (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38321), the general sense is everyone wants double what they're getting now based on personal style of play. 600k iso is nothing to sneeze at, but that's roughly 10% of what I made in Iso last year. It's a drop in the bucket of how short the iso shortage truly is.

Double Iso seems like a much simpler solution, when also accounting for the developers goals of not rapidly speeding up the 1->2->3* transition to the point it's irrelevant. 100iso per PvE node would run counter to that goal, since it'd be quite possible for anyone to farm ~3-4k iso in an hour from the 1st PvE node every day.

I understand wanting to tackle the (seemingly) low hanging fruit, but grabbing that fruit and knocking the whole tree over doesn't seem like a great idea.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the poll I created (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38321), the general sense is everyone wants double what they're getting now based on personal style of play. 600k iso is nothing to sneeze at, but that's roughly 10% of what I made in Iso last year. It's a drop in the bucket of how short the iso shortage truly is.

Double Iso seems like a much simpler solution, when also accounting for the developers goals of not rapidly speeding up the 1->2->3* transition to the point it's irrelevant. 100iso per PvE node would run counter to that goal, since it'd be quite possible for anyone to farm ~3-4k iso in an hour from the 1st PvE node every day.

I understand wanting to tackle the (seemingly) low hanging fruit, but grabbing that fruit and knocking the whole tree over doesn't seem like a great idea.

True.

My quickest fixes would be higher resale rate on covers, and in PvE, you don't start getting the 20 ISO reward until you lock up the 4 random rewards, which just need to come within the first 4 times you play the node, the way it is now is just dumb.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    i think a simple solution to getting long term players more iso w/o speeding new players through the early stages of the game is to give bonus iso (double?) for covers sold when the player has that char max champed
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think a simple solution to getting long term players more iso w/o speeding new players through the early stages of the game is to give bonus iso (double?) for covers sold when the player has that char max champed
    that would make me more interested now in rebuilding axwolvie, hawkeye, and daken - maybe even moon, marvel, and torch. I'd know eventually I'd start getting some back. love that idea.
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Do we think they're making a ton of money off of ISO sales? That is the only reason I can think of that would prevent them from doing something about the issue. It's definitely the biggest complaint on the forums right now.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Tredo wrote:
    Do we think they're making a ton of money off of ISO sales? That is the only reason I can think of that would prevent them from doing something about the issue. It's definitely the biggest complaint on the forums right now.

I was part of a buyers club recently and you would not believe how many people were buying iso - it was borderline sickening....shame on you d3
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:

I was part of a buyers club recently and you would not believe how many people were buying iso - it was borderline sickening....shame on you d3

Not surprising actually, when CP is really the end goal and there's not much to do with 60-80-100k in HP any more. Using that HP to buy packs for Iso isn't as efficient as just buying Iso. Both parts of that sentence are sad.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    They've said before that iso is expensive because they don't want a lot of people whaling character levels